List of Professional Associations & Organizations by Industry
The following Professional Associations & Organizations List is a key resource for those interested in pursuing professional development or connecting with like-minded professionals in your industry or occupation.
Membership in one (or more) Professional Associations & Organizations also looks great on your Resume and LinkedIn profile to bolster your credentials and qualifications.
I recommend visiting each Association’s website and doing the pertinent research for information on membership costs and requirements. These membership-based Professional Associations & Organizations serve the interests of professionals in a given industry or occupation.
Here’s the list of Professional Associations & Organizations by Industry:
- View the compilation of Accounting Professional Associations & Organizations.
- American Society of Administrative Professionals (ASAP) provides professional development, training, and resources for administrative professionals and executive assistants.
- Association of Executive and Administrative Professionals (AEAP) helps members stay informed of advances and changes in professional practice and technology.
- International Association of Administrative Professionals (IAAP) is a professional association for office professionals with approximately 20,000 members and affiliates.
- American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA) is the world’s largest aerospace technical society, dedicated to advancing the global aerospace profession for engineers and scientists.
- Aerospace Medical Association (AsMA) is the largest professional membership organization in the fields of aviation, space, and environmental medicine.
Animal Care / Veterinary
- View the compilation of Animal Care Professional Associations & Organizations.
- American Anthropological Association (AAA) is the world’s largest association for professional anthropologists, with more than 10,000 members.
- American Society of Appraisers (ASA) is an international organization of appraisal professionals and others interested in the appraisal profession.
- Society for American Archeology (SAA) is dedicated to the research, interpretation, and protection of the archaeological heritage of the Americas.
- View the compilation of Architecture Professional Associations & Organizations.
Arts (Performing, Visual)
- View the compilation of Arts Professional Associations & Organizations.
Associations & Clubs
- Center for Association Leadership (ASAE) is the premier source of learning, knowledge, and future-oriented research for the association and nonprofit profession.
- Club Managers Association of America (CMAA) is the professional association for managers of membership clubs.
- American Association of Variable Star Observers (AAVSO) is a non-profit worldwide scientific and educational organization of amateur and professional astronomers.
- American Astronomical Society (AAS) membership (~7,000) includes physicists, mathematicians, geologists, engineers and others whose research interests lie within astronomy.
- National Auctioneers Association (NAA) exists to provide critical resources to auction professionals that will constantly enhance their skills and successes.
- Aircraft Owners & Pilots Association (AOPA) is the largest aviation association in the world.
- American Association of Airport Executives (AAAE) is the largest professional organization for airport executives, representing thousands of management personnel at public use airports.
- Association of Flight Attendants (AFA) is the world’s leader in advancing the flight attendant profession.
- National Association of Flight Instructors (NAFI) is dedicated to raising and maintaining the professional standing of the flight instructor in the aviation community.
- American Botanical Council (ABC) is a leading international member-based organization providing education to promote the responsible use of herbal medicine.
- American Society of Plant Biologists (ASPB) is a professional society devoted to the advancement of the plant sciences.
- Botanical Society of America (BSA) is the home for all botanists and plant scientists and supports the breadth and diversity of botanical research and education.
- National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) is the voice for the nation’s radio and television broadcasters.
- Society of Broadcast Engineers (SBE) is the only organization devoted to the advancement of all levels and types of broadcast engineering.
- Association of Cannabis Professionals (ACP) consists of experienced, passionate activists who work tirelessly in favor of a safe, accessible, legal cannabis industry.
- View the compilation of Career Services Professional Associations & Organizations.
- Association of Change Management Professionals (ACMP) is the premier and most respected global community advancing the discipline of change management.
- Association of Child Life Professionals (ACLP) advances the field of child life by fostering research and promoting the efficacy of child life practice.
- Association for Early Learning Leaders is a nonprofit organization committed to excellence by promoting leadership development and enhancing program quality.
- National Associatio
n for Family Child Care (NAFCC) is a non-profit organizati on dedicated to promoting quality child care by strengthen ing the profession of family child care.
- Communications Media Management Association (CMMA) is the premier professional organization for people who manage the creation, distribution and utilization of communications media.
- National Communication Association (NCA) advances communication as the discipline that studies all forms, modes, media and consequences of communication.
- National Information Officers Association (NIOA) is dedicated to serving the needs of the professional information officer through professional networking and ongoing educational opportunities.
- View the compilation of Construction Professional Associations & Organizations.
- View the compilation of Counseling Professional Associations & Organizations.
- View the compilation of Criminal Justice Professional Associations & Organizations.
- American Culinary Federation (ACF) is the leading culinary association and standard of excellence for chefs in North America, with more 17,500+ members spanning more than 150 chapters nationwide.
- Research Chefs Association (RCA) promotes the value of Culinology® and empowers its practioners through higher learning and continuing education programs.
- United States Personal Chef Association (USPCA) is committed to creating and maximizing the value of the ‘personal chef’ profession.
- View the compilation of Dental Professional Associations & Organizations.
- American Society of Interior Designers (ASID) is a professional association of designers committed to advancing the impact of interior design on the human experience.
- Professional Association for Design (AIGA) is a global community of design advocates and practitioners.
- Accessibility Professionals Association (APA) is an association of professionals focusing on accessibility in the built environment.
- Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf (RID) promotes excellence in the delivery of interpreting services among diverse users of signed and spoken languages.
- View the compilation of Diversity Professional Associations & Organizations.
- National Association for Business Economics (NABE) is the global professional association for business economists.
- View the compilation of Education Professional Associations & Organizations.
- National Emergency Management Association (NEMA) is dedicated to improving the nation’s ability to prepare for, respond to, and recover from national emergencies, disasters, and threats.
- International Association of Emergency Managers (IAEM) is a worldwide organization dedicated to promoting the principles of emergency management.
- International Association for Preparedness and Response (DERA) links professionals, volunteers and organizations in disaster preparedness and emergency management.
- U.S. First Responders Association USFRA) is a non-profit, professional and social network of firefighters, EMS, rescue, police officers, military and civilian support teams.
- View the compilation of Engineering Professional Associations & Organizations.
- Air & Waste Management Association (A&WMA) is the leading international association for environmental professionals interested in expanding their professional knowledge and networks.
- National Ground Water Association (NGWA) is composed of U.S. and international groundwater professionals including contractors, scientists and engineers, equipment manufacturers, and suppliers.
- North American Association for Environmental Education (NAAEE) advances environmental literacy and civic engagement through the power of education.
- Society of American Foresters (SAF) sets the standard in forest management and focuses on actively shaping the future of the profession.
- Event Service Professionals Association (ESPA) is dedicated to elevating the event and convention service profession.
- International Live Events Association (ILEA) is a global community of thousands of creative event professionals.
- National Association for Catering and Events (NACE) is the oldest and largest professional association dedicated to all aspects of the catering and events industry.
- National Association of Ticket Brokers (NATB) represents the interests of legitimate ticket sellers worldwide, all while promoting consumer protection and industry education.
- Association for Facilities Engineering (AFE) is the oldest and most experienced facilities maintenance and engineering association.
- International Facility Management Association (IFMA) is the world’s largest and most widely recognized international association for facility management professionals.
- Professional Retail Store Maintenance Association (PRSM) is the only organization dedicated specifically to retail multi-site facilities management professionals.
- Council of Fashion Designers of America (CFDA) is a not-for-profit trade association of America’s foremost womenswear, menswear, jewelry, and accessory designers.
- View the compilation of Finance Professional Associations & Organizations.
- National Exercise & Sports Trainers Association (NESTA) offers a wide range of primary, advanced & specialized education, certification and business systems
- American Institute of Floral Designers (AIFD) is the floral industry’s leading non-profit organization committed to establishing and maintaining higher standards in professional floral design.
- View the compilation of Food Service Professional Associations & Organizations.
- Foreign Policy Association (FPA) is a non-profit organization dedicated to inspiring Americans to learn more about the world.
- Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) is the professional association of individuals and organizations that generate philanthropic support for charitable institutions.
- Grant Professionals Association (GPA) builds and supports a community of grant professionals committed to serving the greater public good.
- National Funeral Directors Association (NFDA) is the world’s leading and largest funeral service association, serving 19,700 individual members.
- Association of Professional Genealogists (APG) represents more than 2,700 genealogists, librarians, writers, historians, instructors, and others involved in genealogy-related businesses.
- View the compilation of Government Professional Associations & Organizations.
- View the compilation of Healthcare Professional Associations & Organizations.
Horticulture / Viticulture
- AmericanHort unites, promotes, and advances the horticulture industry through advocacy, collaboration, connectivity, education, market development, and research.
- American Horticultural Society (AHS) is one of the oldest member-based national gardening organizations in North America.
- American Public Gardens Association (APGA) is the leading professional organization for the field of public horticulture.
- American Society for Enology & Viticulture (ASEV) is dedicated to the interests of enologists, viticulturists, and others in the fields of wine and grape research and production.
- View the compilation of Human Resource Professional Associations & Organizations.
- View the compilation of Insurance Professional Associations & Organizations.
- View the compilation of IT Professional Associations & Organizations.
- American Society of Interior Designers (ASID) is a leading professional association of interior designers, industry leaders, educators and students.
- Jewelers of America (JA) was founded by jewelers for jewelers, with a desire to advance the professionalism and ethics of the jewelry industry.
Journalism & Photography
- American Society of Media Photographers (ASMP) is the premier trade association for photographers who create images primarily for publication.
- National Press Photographers Association (NPPA) is dedicated to the advancement of visual journalism for individuals who are working or aspiring towards working in the field of visual journalism.
- Professional Photographers of America (PPA) is the world’s largest non-profit association for professional photographers.
- Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ) is the nation’s most broad-based journalism organization, dedicated to improving and protecting journalism.
- National Association of Landscape Professionals (NALP) is the national trade association representing an industry of nearly 1 million professionals.
- View the compilation of Legal Professional Associations & Organizations.
- American Library Association (ALA) is the oldest and largest library association in the world.
Local (by City)
- View the compilation of Local Professional Associations & Organizations.
- View the compilation of Logistics Professional Associations & Organizations.
- View the compilation of Marketing Professional Associations & Organizations.
Management & Strategy
- American Management Association (AMA) is a world leader in professional development, advancing the skills of individuals to drive business success.
- Association of Strategic Alliance Professionals (ASAP) is the leading global professional association dedicated to negotiating, planning and executing alliances, partnerships, and other collaborative business relationships.
- American Society for Quality (ASQ) is the world’s leading global community of people passionate
- Association for Manufacturing Excellence (AME) is the premier not-for-profit organization dedicated to the journey of continuous improvement and enterprise excellence.
- Fabricators & Manufacturers Association (FMA) is a professional organization with 2,500+ individual and company members working together to improve metal forming and fabricating.
- National Association of Manufacturers (NAM) is the largest manufacturing association in the United States, representing small and large manufacturers in every sector and in all 50 states.
Occupational Safety & Health
- American Industrial Hygiene Association (AIHA) is one of the largest international associations serving the needs of industrial hygienists and OEHS professionals.
- American Society of Safety Engineers (ASSE) sets the standard for OSH excellence and ethics while providing professional development, advocacy and standards development.
- National Association of Safety Professionals (NASP) provides training, consultative services, and third-party certifications in the area of workplace safety.
Oil & Energy
- American Association of Professional Landmen (AAPL) is a professional organization that unites around 17,000 landmen and land-related persons through professional development and service.
- American Optometric Association (AOA) represents the profession of optometry (America’s family eye doctors) who take a leading role in an individual’s overall eye and vision care.
Parks & Recreation
- National Recreation and Park Association (NRPA) works to advance parks, recreation and conservation efforts that enhance the quality of life for all people.
- View the compilation of Pharmaceutical Professional Associations & Organizations.
National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) is a membership organization for elite strength coaches, personal trainers and dedicated researchers and educators.
- American Society of Plumbing Engineers (ASPE) is the international organization for professionals skilled in the design, specification and inspection of plumbing systems.
- American Association of Political Consultants (AAPC) is a multi-partisan organization of political and public affairs professionals dedicated to improving democracy.
- National Association of Letter Carriers (NALC) is the union of city letter carriers employed by the U.S. Postal Service.
- National Association of Postal Supervisors (NAPS) is the only management organization that represents supervisors, managers and postmasters.
- National Association of Productivity & Organizing Professionals (NAPO) is dedicated to helping organizing and productivity professionals bring order to individuals and businesses.
- American Psychological Association (APA) is the largest scientific and professional organization representing psychology in the United States.
- Association for Behavioral Analysis International (ABAI) is a leading membership organization for those interested in the philosophy, science, application, and teaching of behavior analysis.
- National Speakers Association (NSA) is the leading source for community, education and entrepreneurial business knowledge needed to be successful in the speaking profession.
- View the compilation of Real Estate Professional Associations & Organizations.
- National Association of Executive Recruiters (NAER) represents a membership dedicated to the highest level of ethical standards and practices.
- Association of Professional Chaplains (APC) is 5,000+ members serving chaplains in all types of health and human service settings.
- The Church Network (TCN) is an association of churches and individuals which exists to connect, develop, and strengthen church leaders in administration.
- American Society of Pension Professionals & Actuaries (ASPPA) is the premier national organization for career retirement plan professionals.
- View the compilation of Sales Professional Associations & Organizations.
- View the compilation of Science Professional Associations & Organizations.
- International Bodyguard Association (IBA) is the oldest and largest bodyguard association, with sites of protective service and education worldwide.
nal Foundation for Protection Officers (IFPO) is dedicated to providing meaningful and cost effective security training for security guards and protection officers.
Sociology / Social Work
American Sociological Association (ASA) is a non-profit membership association dedicated to advancing sociology as a scientific discipline and profession serving the public good.
- National Association of Social Workers (NASW) is the largest membership organization of professional social workers in the world.
- View the compilation of Sports Professional Associations & Organizations.
- American Staffing Association (ASA) is the voice of the U.S. staffing, recruiting, and workforce solutions industry.
- National Association of Personnel Services (NAPS) is the premier educational association representing the search, recruiting and staffing industry.
- American Statistical Association (ASA) has a proud tradition of service to statisticians, quantitative scientists, and users of statistics across a wealth of academic areas and applications.
- Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) is the internal audit profession’s global voice, recognized authority, acknowledged leader, chief advocate, and principal educator.
- National Association of Tax Professionals (NATP) provides its members the support, education,
products and services needed to succeed in the tax profession .
- Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers (SCTE) is the premier membership organization for technical cable telecommunications professionals.
- American Sewing Guild (ASG) is a national non-profit organization dedicated to people who believe sewing is a rewarding and creative activity.
- Association of Sewing and Design Professional (ASDP) is dedicated to supporting individuals engaged in sewing and design related businesses.
Training & Development
- Association for Talent Development (ATD) is the world’s largest association dedicated to those who develop talent in organizations.
- International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) is dedicated to quality continuing education and training programs.
- Life Sciences Trainers & Educators Network (LTen) is dedicated to supporting the professional goals of trainers in the life sciences.
- Turnaround Management Association (TMA) is the leading professional community for turnaround management, corporate restructuring, and distressed investing professionals.
- American Planning Association (APA) is an independent, not-for-profit educational association organized to advance the art and science of urban and regional planning.
- Association of Leaders in Volunteer Engagement (AL!VE) is a national membership organization of leaders and professionals in volunteer engagement.
- Solid Waste Association of North America (SWANA) is an organization of 9,000+ public and private sector professionals committed to advancing from solid waste management to resource management.
Weddings / Marriage Services
- International Association of Professional Wedding Officiants (IAPWO) is a professional membership organization dedicated to the promotion and advancement of the wedding officiant profession worldwide.
- Justice of the Peace Association (JPUS) is a professional membership association for notaries and justices of the peace whose primary duty is to perform marriages.
- National Association of Memoir Writers (NAMW) is a membership organization for memoir writers from all over the world.
- Society for Editing (ACES) is a professional organization working toward the advancement of editors.
- Spanish Editors Association (SEA) is dedicated to promoting high standards of quality, ethics, and business practices for editors of Spanish texts for the United States.
View the full compilation of Job Search Resources >>