We only collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us. We only request personal information when it is necessary for providing a service to you, such as the ability to send you our newsletter or allow you to provide comments related to published content on the JobStars blog. The information is collected in a clear, fair and lawful manner, with your knowledge and consent, including why it’s being collected and how it will be used.
You are free to refuse to provide your personal information. When doing so, you acknowledge and understand that we may be unable to provide certain desired services or activities based on this refusal.
HOW WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
The information we collect is retained for as long as necessary to provide you with your requested service. This stored data is protected within commercially acceptable means to prevent loss and theft as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, duplication, modification, or use. However, no data transmitted over or accessible through the public internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we attempt to protect personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant that personal information will be completely secure from misappropriation by hackers or from other nefarious or criminal activities, or in the event of a failure of computer hardware, software, or a telecommunications network.
Some information – such as IP address and/or browser and device characteristics – is collected automatically when you visit our Services. We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use or navigate the Services. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our Services and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Services, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes. Like many businesses, we also collect information through cookies and similar technologies.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We process your information for purposes based on legitimate business interests, the fulfillment of our contract with you, compliance with our legal obligations, and/or your consent. We use the information we collect or receive:
- To send you marketing and promotional communications. We and/or our third party marketing partners may use the personal information you send to us for our marketing purposes, if this is in accordance with your marketing preferences. You can opt-out of our marketing emails at any time.
- To send administrative information to you. We may use your personal information to send you product, service and new feature information and/or information about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. Fulfill and manage your orders. We may use your information to fulfill and manage your orders, payments, returns, and exchanges made through the Services.
- To respond to user inquiries/offer support to users. We may use your information to respond to your inquiries and solve any potential issues you might have with the use of our Services. We may use and store this information in aggregated and anonymized form so that it is not associated with individual end users and does not include personal information. We will not use identifiable personal information without your consent.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We do not share any personally identifying information publicly or with third-parties, except when required by law.
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, please do not provide your contact information or any other personally identifiable information to us. If you are the parent or legal guardian of someone under the age of 18 who may have provided us with information without your knowledge or consent, please contact us to have this information removed.
You may review, change, or terminate your account at any time. If you are resident in the European Economic Area and you believe we are unlawfully processing your personal information, you also have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority. You can find their contact details here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm
In conformity to the European Commission‘s GDPR requirements, JobStars uses plain language and discloses identity when requesting data. JobStars states why data is processed, how long stored, and who receives it. JobStars requests clear consent before processing data and checks age limit for parental consent when collection from children for social media. JobStars promises to inform people of data breaches when there is a serious risk. People have the ‘right to be forgotten’, meaning a full delete of personal data if requests. People have the right to opt out of direct marketing that uses their data. JobStars may make legal arrangements when there is a transfer of data to countries that have not been approved by the EU authorities. JobStars uses third-party providers handling data including: Google Analytics, Gravity Forms, WooCommerce, and PayPal.
PRIVACY RIGHTS FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
If you are a resident of California, you are granted specific rights regarding access to your personal information. California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us using the contact information provided below.
If you are under 18 years of age, reside in California, and have a registered account with the Services, you have the right to request removal of unwanted data that you publicly post on the Services. To request removal of such data, please contact us using the contact information provided below, and include the email address associated with your account and a statement that you reside in California. We will make sure the data is not publicly displayed on the Services, but please be aware that the data may not be completely or comprehensively removed from our systems.
We link to countless external sites that are unaffiliated with us. We have no control over the content and practices of these sites. We bear no responsibility or liability for their respective privacy policies.
COOKIES AND TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
What are cookies? Cookies are small pieces of data, stored in text files, that are stored on your computer or other device when websites are loaded in a browser. They are widely used to ‘remember’ you and your preferences, either for a single visit (through a ‘session cookie’) or for multiple repeat visits (using a ‘persistent cookie’). They ensure a consistent and efficient experience for visitors, and perform essential functions such as allowing users to register and remain logged in. Cookies may be set by the site that you are visiting (known as ‘first party cookies’), or by third parties, such as those who serve content or provide advertising or analytics services on the website (‘third party cookies’).
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our Services.
- Strictly Necessary: These are the cookies that are essential for WordPress.org to perform basic functions. These include those required to allow registered users to authenticate and perform account related functions.
- Functionality: These cookies are used to store preferences set by users such as account name, language, and location. Performance: Performance cookies collect information on how users interact with our website, including what pages are visited most, as well as other analytical data. These details are only used to improve how the website functions.
- Tracking: These are set by trusted third party networks (e.g. Google Analytics) to track details such as the number of unique visitors, and pageviews to help improve the user experience.
- Third Party/Embedded Content: jobstars.com makes use of different third party applications and services to enhance the experience of website visitors. These include social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter (through the use of sharing buttons), or embedded content from YouTube. As a result, cookies may be set by these third parties, and used by them to track your online activity. We have no direct control over the information that is collected by these cookies.
CONTROLS FOR DO-NOT-TRACK FEATURES
We collect information about visitors who comment on Sites that use our Akismet anti-spam service. The information we collect depends on how the User sets up Akismet for the Site, but typically includes the commenter’s IP address, user agent, referrer, and Site URL (along with other information directly provided by the commenter such as their name, username, email address, and the comment itself).
Erase Personal Data
WordPress.org provides a helpful tool for helping site delete or anonymize known data for a given user. Pictured below is a screenshot of our functionality for erasing personal data upon request. Please submit a contact us request if you’d like your personal data erased.
Screenshot: Functionality for Erasing Personal Data
Opinions and Viewpoints Disclaimer
We are solely responsible for the viewpoints, ideas, and opinions expressed on the JobStars blog. They do not reflect the opinions or viewpoints of any other government body, organization, or individual person besides Doug Levin.
Your continued use of this website demonstrates your full acceptance of these practices around privacy and personal information. For any questions about how user data and personal information is handled, please submit a contact us to get in touch.
If you have questions or comments about this policy, you may contact us at email@example.com.
Last Updated: August 3, 2022
Date Created: September 16, 2012