About Doug Levin
My experience in Resume Writing dates all the way back to 2009. For the backstory, please visit my Personal Website for a historical overview.
Leveraging my drive to pursue entrepreneurship and a deep knowledge in the Resume Writing niche, I launched JobStars officially in January 2013 to provide expert Resume Writing and Career Coaching for entry through executive-level job seekers.
With several years of freelance Resume Writing under my belt and training as a Certified Professional Resume Writer (PDF) and Certified Professional Career Coach (PDF), I put this knowledge into practice on a daily basis to help my valued clients achieve their job search goals.
I am continually striving to improve the experience for every valued JobStars client. This means investing in things like a dedicated client portal to facilitate client services, keeping up with industry trends, preparing countless articles for the Job Seekers Blog, and even offering a free Job Search Organizer tool!
I’ve managed to build a successful Career Services practice by providing high personal touch services at competitive rates. I am able to help lots of job seekers efficiently by using a proven process that keeps me well organized. Today, I am proud to call myself the founder, owner, and operator of JobStars. My daily commitment is to ensure the delivery of top notch Career Services for every valued JobStars client.
Education & Designations
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Marketing (PDF)
- Professional Resume Writer (CPRW) Certificate (PDF)
- Professional Career Coach (CPCC) Certificate (PDF)
- View Doug’s Resume (MS Word)
Top 3 Quick Tips for Job Seekers
- Diversify your job search methods and quit relying on ‘apply and pray’.
- Set attainable job search goals and document your activity every day.
- Don’t be a jack of all trades. Know who you are and narrow your focus.
- Job Search / Career Change – What Color is Your Parachute?
- Executive – Rites of Passage at $100,000 to $1 Million+
- Entry Level / Recent Grads – Getting from College to Career
- LinkedIn – Tell Your Story, Land the Job
- Networking – 100 Conversations for Career Success
- “Character is higher than intellect. A great soul will be strong to live as well as think.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Happiness does not come from doing easy work but from the afterglow of satisfaction that comes after the achievement of a difficult task that demanded our best.” – Theodore Isaac Rubin
- “When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time.” – Maya Angelou
- “Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen.” – Michael Jordan
- “The world as we have created it is a process of our thinking. It cannot be changed without changing our thinking.” –
- “Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “Success isn’t always about greatness. It’s about consistency. Consistent hard work leads to success. Greatness will come.” – Dwayne Johnson