Doug Levin is the Owner of JobStars LLC. Based in Chicago, IL, he leads day-to-day operations and is committed to delivering top-notch career services to each valued client. He brings nearly 10 years of experience and a demonstrated mastery for helping entry through executive-level job seekers.
His involvement in the Resume Writing and Career Coaching industry dates back to 2009. Since then he’s created 8,000+ Resumes for job seekers of all industries and experience levels. He is a Certified Professional Resume Writer (CPRW) and Certified Professional Career Coach (CPCC) and is a member of two leading Career Services professional associations (PARW and CTL).
After finishing undergrad in 2005, I worked for CareerBuilder (2005 to 2011) as a full-time employee in a few different roles. During the final 2+ years I served as Operations Manager for cbResume (now defunct), the company’s Resume Service. I led every aspect of day to day operations for the business. Quickly, I developed an interest in the Resume Writing niche and began learning as much as I could.
During this time, I was taking classes in Roosevelt University’s MBA program. Soon after graduation, I decided to quit my job and began working as a freelance Resume Writer on a full-time basis. I pursued and earned my Certified Professional Resume Writer (CPRW) and Certified Professional Career Coach (CPCC) designations and steadily improved my craft over several years of freelance Resume Writing.
Concurrently, I launched JobStars.com in January 2013 to provide Resume Writing Services and Career Coaching for entry through executive level job seekers, and I’ve been steadily building the business since!
Doug’s Education & Designations
- Professional Resume Writer (CPRW) Certificate
- Professional Career Coach (CPCC) Certificate
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Marketing
- View My Resume (MS Word)
Doug’s Book Recommendations
- Job Search / Career Change – What Color is Your Parachute?
- Executive – Rites of Passage at $100,000 to $1 Million+
- Entry Level / Recent Grads – Getting from College to Career
- LinkedIn – Tell Your Story, Land the Job
- Networking – 100 Conversations for Career Success
Doug’s Favorite Quotes
- “Happiness does not come from doing easy work but from the afterglow of satisfaction that comes after the achievement of a difficult task that demanded our best.” – Theodore Isaac Rubin
- “When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time.” – Maya Angelou
- “Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen.” – Michael Jordan
Doug’s Top 3 Tips for Job Seekers
- Diversify your job search. Quit relying on “apply and pray” so much.
- Stop being a perfectionist. Redirect that energy into something positive.
- Know what you want and narrow your focus. Don’t be a jack of all trades.