List of Animal Care Professional Associations & Organizations
The following List of Animal Care Professional Associations & Organizations is a key resource for those interested in pursuing professional development or connecting with like-minded Animal Care professionals.
Membership in Animal Care Professional Associations & Organizations also looks great on your Resume and LinkedIn profile to bolster your credentials and qualifications.
I recommend visiting each Association’s website and doing the pertinent research for information on membership costs and requirements. These membership-based Animal Care Professional Associations & Organizations serve the interests of professionals in a given industry or occupation.
Here’s the list of Animal Care Professional Associations & Organizations:
- American Association for Laboratory Animal Science (AALAS) is the premier forum for the exchange of information and expertise in the care and use of laboratory animals.
- American Association of Equine Practitioners (AAEP) is the world’s largest association for veterinary professionals who are dedicated to raising the standard in horse health.
- American Association of Feline Practitioners (CatVets) is dedicated to supporting high standards of practice, continuing education, and scientific investigation.
- American Association of Veterinary Immunologists (AAVI) is dedicated to the development, promotion, and dissemination of knowledge in veterinary immunology.
- American Association of Veterinary Laboratory Diagnosticians (AAVLD) promotes continuous improvement and public awareness of veterinary diagnostic laboratories.
- American Fisheries Society (AFS) is the world’s oldest and largest organization dedicated to strengthening the fisheries profession, advancing fisheries science, and conserving fisheries resources.
- American Registry of Professional Animal Scientists (ARPAS) provides certification of animal scientists through examination, continuing education, and commitment to a code of ethics.
- American Society of Animal Science (ASAS) is a membership society that supports the careers of scientists and animal producers in the United States and internationally.
- American Society of Mammalogists (ASM) is currently composed of around 2,500 members, many of whom are professional scientists.
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) represents veterinarians working in private practices, government, industry, academia, and uniformed services.
- Association of Reptilian and Amphibian Veterinarians (ARAV) advances the field of veterinary medicine dealing with reptiles and amphibian.
- Association of Zoos & Aquariums (AZA) membership is comprised of individuals employed by or actively seeking employment in zoos or aquariums.
- National Animal Care & Control Association (NACA) is committed to setting the standard of professionalism in animal welfare and public safety through training, networking, and advocacy.
- National Associatio
n of Veterinary Technician s in America (NAVTA) is a non-profit associatio n that represents and promotes the profession of veterinary technology .
- Society of Veterinary Hospital Pharmacists (SVHP) is an organization comprised of pharmacists working exclusively in the veterinary field.
View the full list of Professional Associations & Organizations >>