List of Animal Care Professional Associations & Organizations
Animal Care Professional Associations & Organizations are typically not-for-profit with the mission of serving the veterinary / animal care industry and the interests of professionals in animal care.
I urge all animal care professionals to join one or more Professional Associations & Organizations. Becoming a member is usually pretty simple. Most associations require an application and annual membership dues. You may need to undergo specialized training and re-certification to stay active.
Make sure to conduct your due diligence and find associations that are a match based on your industry specialization, experience level, and geographic location. After you become a member, remember to include this information on your Resume and LinkedIn profile for everyone to know.
Here’s the list of Animal Care Professional Associations & Organizations:
- American Association for Laboratory Animal Science (AALAS) is the premier forum for the exchange of information and expertise in the care and use of laboratory animals.
- American Association of Equine Practitioners (AAEP) is the world’s largest association for veterinary professionals who are dedicated to raising the standard in horse health.
- American Association of Feline Practitioners (CatVets) is dedicated to supporting high standards of practice, continuing education, and scientific investigation.
- American Association of Veterinary Immunologists (AAVI) is dedicated to the development, promotion, and dissemination of knowledge in veterinary immunology.
- American Association of Veterinary Laboratory Diagnosticians (AAVLD) promotes continuous improvement and public awareness of veterinary diagnostic laboratories.
- American Fisheries Society (AFS) is the world’s oldest and largest organization dedicated to strengthening the fisheries profession, advancing fisheries science, and conserving fisheries resources.
- American Registry of Professional Animal Scientists (ARPAS) provides certification of animal scientists through examination, continuing education, and commitment to a code of ethics.
- American Society of Animal Science (ASAS) is a membership society that supports the careers of scientists and animal producers in the United States and internationally.
- American Society of Mammalogists (ASM) is currently composed of around 2,500 members, many of whom are professional scientists.
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) represents veterinarians working in private practices, government, industry, academia, and uniformed services.
- Association of Reptilian and Amphibian Veterinarians (ARAV) advances the field of veterinary medicine dealing with reptiles and amphibian.
- Association of Zoos & Aquariums (AZA) membership is comprised of individuals employed by or actively seeking employment in zoos or aquariums.
- National Animal Care & Control Association (NACA) is committed to setting the standard of professionalism in animal welfare and public safety through training, networking, and advocacy.
- National Associatio
n of Veterinary Technician s in America (NAVTA) is a non-profit associatio n that represents and promotes the profession of veterinary technology .
- Society of Veterinary Hospital Pharmacists (SVHP) is an organization comprised of pharmacists working exclusively in the veterinary field.
View the full list of Professional Associations & Organizations >>