List of IT Professional Associations & Organizations
The following List of IT Professional Associations & Organizations is a key resource for those interested in pursuing professional development or connecting with like-minded IT professionals.
Membership in IT Professional Associations & Organizations also looks great on your Resume and LinkedIn profile to bolster your credentials and qualifications.
Related: IT Posts Tag
I recommend visiting each Association’s website and doing the pertinent research for information on membership costs and requirements. These membership-based IT Professional Associations & Organizations serve the interests of professionals in a given industry or occupation.
Here’s the list of IT Professional Associations & Organizations:
- Agile Alliance is a nonprofit member organization dedicated to promoting the concepts of agile software development.
- ASIS International is the leading organization for security professionals worldwide.
- Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) is a global community of computing professionals and students with nearly 100,000 members.
- Association of Computer Engineers and Technicians (ACE – ACET) promotes professional standards within the IT industry.
- Association of Independent Information Professionals (AIIP) is the premier industry association for information professionals working independently.
- Association of Information Technology Professionals (AITP) is the leading worldwide society of information technology business professionals.
- Association of Software Professionals (ASP) is a professional trade association of software developers who are creating and marketing leading-edge applications.
- BICSI is a professional association advancing the information and communications technology (ICT) community.
- Computer & Communications Industry Association (CCIA) is dedicated to innovation and enhancing society’s access to information and communications.
- Computing Technology Industry Association (CompTIA) is the voice of the world’s information technology (IT) industry.
- EDUCAUSE is a nonprofit association and the foremost community of IT leaders and professionals committed to advancing higher education.
- Geospatial Information & Technology Association (GITA) is a professional association and leading advocate for anyone using geospatial technology.
- Healthcare Information Management Systems Society (HIMSS) is a global advisor and thought leader supporting the transformation of health through the application of IT.
- HelpDesk Chapters (HDC) is a membership-based organization for technical support professionals to connect, share and collaborate with like-minded professionals.
- IEEE Computer Society is the computing professional’s single, unmatched source for technology information, inspiration and collaboration.
- Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA) is a global association of IT and cybersecurity professionals.
- Information Systems Security Association (ISSA) is a not-for-profit, international organization of information security professionals and practitioners.
- International Association of IT Asset Managers (IAITAM) serves in-house practitioners, vendors and consultants globally.
- International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP) is the largest and most comprehensive global information privacy community and resource.
- International Web Association (IWA) is the industry’s recognized leader in providing educational and certification standards for web professionals.
- Network Professional Association (NPA) is the leading organization for network computing professionals.
- Technology Services Industry Association (TSIA) is the leading professional association of the technology services industry.
- User Experience Professionals Association (UXPA) supports those who research, design, and evaluate the user experience of products and services.
View the entire List of Professional Associations & Organizations >>