Arts Professional Associations & Organizations
List of Arts Professional Associations & Organizations
The following Arts Professional Associations & Organizations bring together like-minded visual and performing arts professionals through networking events and professional development.
Joining Arts Professional Associations & Organizations also looks great on your Resume and LinkedIn profile to bolster your credentials and qualifications.
Read: How to Build Your Network Using Professional Associations
I recommend visiting each Association’s website and doing the pertinent research for information on membership costs and requirements. These membership-based Arts Professional Associations & Organizations serve the interests of professionals in the visual and performing arts.
Here’s the list of Arts Professional Associations & Organizations:
- American Choral Directors Association (ACDA) is a nonprofit music-education organization whose expressed purposes outline the association’s dedication to the advancement of choral music.
- American Federation of Musicians (AFM) is dedicated to representing professional musicians, playing in orchestras, theaters, film, radio & television, and clubs.
- American Society of Composers, Authors & Publishers (ASCAP) is a membership association of more than 825,000 songwriters, composers, and music publishers.
- American String Teachers Association (ASTA) is a membership organization for string and orchestra teachers and players.
- American Theatre Critics Association (ATCA) is the only national association of professional theatre critics.
- ArtTable is the leading professional organization devoted to supporting women in the visual arts.
- Association for Theatre in Higher Education (ATHE) is a membership-based association for university theatre administrators, educators, graduate students, and theatre practitioners.
- Association of Art Museum Curators (AAMC) is a membership organization offering professional development, leadership skills, and direct connections for art curators working in the not-for-profit sector.
- Association of Performing Arts Professionals (APAP) is the national service, advocacy and membership organization for the performing arts presenting field.
- Association of Professional Art Advisors (APAA) is a membership-based organization comprised of leading independent art advisors, curators and corporate art managers.
- Audio Engineering Society (AES) is the leading professional association worldwide for professionals and students involved in the audio industry.
- College Art Association (CAA) is the world’s largest professional association for artists, art historians, designers, arts professionals.
- League of Professional Theatre Women (LPTW) is dedicated to promoting visibility and increasing opportunities for women in the professional theatre industry.
- National Association of Independent Artists (NAIA) is a membership organization dedicated to serving the artistic, professional, and economic success of artists who exhibit in art shows.
- National Costumers Association (NCA) is a professional organization promoting the artistic, historical, educational, and social nature of costuming
- National Dance Society (NDS) provides leadership in promoting research, advocacy, and best practices in the delivery of dance and dance education.
- National Flute Association (NFA) is dedicated to encouraging a higher standard of artistic excellence for the flute, its performers, and its literature.
- National Folk Organization (NFO-USA) is the leading association for folk dance professionals and practitioners.
- National Opera Association (NOA) promotes excellence in opera education and pedagogy through its support of a diverse community of opera educators and professionals.
- Percussive Arts Society (PAS) is the global leader in drums and percussion with a mission of inspiring, educating, and supporting percussionists and drummers throughout the world.
- Professional Association of Visual Artists (PAVA) is dedicated to the advancement of education for the establishment of the highest professional standards in the visual arts.
- Stage Managers’ Association (SMA) is a professional organization for networking and advocacy, created by and for stage managers.
View the full list of Professional Associations & Organizations >>
Would you like to add an Arts Professional Association or Organization to this list?
Please send information on the Arts Professional Association or Organization for inclusion.