List of Arts Professional Associations & Organizations
The following Arts Professional Associations & Organizations bring together like-minded visual and performing arts professionals through networking events and professional development.
Joining Arts Professional Associations & Organizations also looks great on your Resume and LinkedIn profile to bolster your credentials and qualifications.
I recommend visiting each Association’s website and doing the pertinent research for information on membership costs and requirements. These membership-based Arts Professional Associations & Organizations serve the interests of professionals in the visual and performing arts.
Here’s the list of Arts Professional Associations & Organizations:
- American Choral Directors Association (ACDA) is a nonprofit music-education organization whose expressed purposes outline the association’s dedication to the advancement of choral music.
- American Federation of Musicians (AFM) is dedicated to representing professional musicians, playing in orchestras, theaters, film, radio & television, and clubs.
- American String Teachers Association (ASTA) is a membership organization for string and orchestra teachers and players.
- American Theatre Critics Association (ATCA) is the only national association of professional theatre critics.
- ArtTable is the leading professional organization devoted to supporting women in the visual arts.
- Association for Theatre in Higher Education (ATHE) is a membership-based association for university theatre administrators, educators, graduate students, and theatre practitioners.
- Association for Visual Arts (AVA) is dedicated to connecting visual arts and community in personal and experiential ways because we believe that art makes people and communities better.
- Association of Art Museum Curators (AAMC) is a membership organization offering professional development, leadership skills, and direct connections for art curators working in the not-for-profit sector.
- Association of Performing Arts Professionals (APAP) is the national service, advocacy and membership organization for the performing arts presenting field.
- Association of Professional Art Advisors (APAA) is a membership-based organization comprised of leading independent art advisors, curators and corporate art managers.
- Audio Engineering Society (AES) is the leading professional association worldwide for professionals and students involved in the audio industry.
- College Art Association (CAA) is the world’s largest professional association for artists, art historians, designers, arts professionals.
- League of Professional Theatre Women (LPTW) is dedicated to promoting visibility and increasing opportunities for women in the professional theatre industry.
- National Association of Independent Artists (NAIA) is a membership organization dedicated to serving the artistic, professional, and economic success of artists who exhibit in art shows.
- National Costumers Association (NCA) is a professional organization promoting the artistic, historical, educational, and social nature of costuming
- National Dance Society (NDS) provides leadership in promoting research, advocacy, and best practices in the delivery of dance and dance education.
- National Folk Organization (NFO-USA) is the leading association for folk dance professionals and practitioners.
- National Opera Association (NOA) promotes excellence in opera education and pedagogy through its support of a diverse community of opera educators and professionals.
- Professional Association of Visual Artists (PAVA) is dedicated to the advancement of education for the establishment of the highest professional standards in the visual arts.
View the full list of Professional Associations & Organizations >>