List of Communications Professional Associations & Organizations
The following Communications Professional Associations & Organizations offer networking and professional development opportunities for chief communications officers, communications directors, and more.
Membership benefits of joining include the ability to connect with like-minded professionals and stay abreast of trends and happenings within the communications world. Becoming a member is also a great way to bolster your credentials by displaying them on your Resume and LinkedIn profile.
These membership-based organizations are dedicated to serving the interests of professionals within a particular specialization or niche. It’s wise to visit each association’s website to get more information on specializations, membership costs, and requirements.
Here’s the List:
- American Communication Association (ACA) is a not-for-profit virtual professional association for scholars and practitioners in the comms world.
- American Translators Association (ATA) is a professional association founded to advance the translation and interpreting professions.
- Association of Public-Safety Communications Officials International (APCO) is the world’s largest organization dedicated to public safety communications.
- Communications Media Management Association (CMMA) is the premier professional organization for people who manage the creation, distribution and utilization of communications media.
- International Association of Business Communicators (IABC) is a global network of communication professionals committed to improving organizational effectiveness through strategic communication.
- National Communication Association (NCA) advances communication as the discipline that studies all forms, modes, media and consequences of communication.
- National Information Officers Association (NIOA) is dedicated to serving the needs of the professional information officer through professional networking and ongoing educational opportunities.
- Technical Association of the Graphic Arts (TAGA) is a membership association for professionals and academics dedicated to scientific research and technological innovation in graphic communications.
View the entire List of Professional Associations & Organizations >>