List of Healthcare Professional Associations & Organizations
The following List of Healthcare Professional Associations & Organizations is a key resource for those interested in pursuing professional development or connecting with like-minded Healthcare professionals.
Membership in Healthcare Professional Associations & Organizations also looks great on your Resume and LinkedIn profile to bolster your credentials and qualifications.
Related: Healthcare Posts Tag
I recommend visiting each Association’s website and doing the pertinent research for information on membership costs and requirements. These membership-based Healthcare Professional Associations & Organizations serve the interests of professionals in a given industry or occupation.
Here’s the list of Healthcare Professional Associations & Organizations:
- American Academy of Ambulatory Care Nursing (AAACN) is a unifying community for registered nurses in all ambulatory care settings.
- American Academy of Dermatology (AAD) is the largest, most influential, and most representative group of dermatologists in the United States.
- American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO) is the world’s largest association of eye physicians and surgeons.
- American Academy of PAs (AAPA) is the only national professional association that represents all PAs across all medical settings and specialties in all 50 states.
- American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) is a professional membership organization of 66,000 pediatricians committed to optimal physical, mental, and social health and well-being.
- American Association for Physician Leadership (AAPL) is the world’s premier organization for lifelong learning, growth and support of physician leaders.
- American Association for Respiratory Care (AARC) has been committed to enhancing your professionalism as a respiratory care practitioner.
- American Association of Critical-Care Nurses (AACN) is the largest specialty nursing organization in the world, representing the interests of more than 500,000 nurses.
- American Association of Healthcare Administrative Management (AAHAM) is the premier professional organization in healthcare administrative management.
- American Association of Immunologists (AAI) is the largest and most prestigious professional association of immunologists in the world with over 7,700 members.
- American Association of Managed Care Nurses (AAMCN) is a non-profit organization representing RNs, NPs, LVN/LPNs, & nursing students.
- American Association of Medical Society Executives (AAMSE) is membership-based professional association for medical society executives.
- American Association of Nurse Anesthetists (AANA) is the professional association representing CRNAs and student nurse anesthetists nationwide.
- American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) empowers all nurse practitioners to advance quality health care through practice, education, advocacy, research and leadership.
- American Association of Occupational Health Nurses (AAOHN) is the primary association for the largest group of health care professionals serving the workplace.
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (AAOMS) represents more than 9,000 oral and maxillofacial surgeons in the United States.
- American Case Management Association (ACMA) is an association for health care delivery system case management and transitions of care (TOC) professionals.
- American College of Emergency Physicians (ACEP) is the leading professional specialty society for emergency physicians.
- American College of Physician Advisors (ACPA) is the only non-profit professional membership organization dedicated to the development and advancement of physician advisors.
- American College of Surgeons Professional Association (ACS) is the largest organization for surgeons advancing quality surgical care.
- American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) is a professional organization for the field of effective management of health data and medical records.
- American Medical Association (AMA) is the premier national organization providing timely, essential resources to empower physicians, residents and medical students.
- American Nurses Association (ANA) is a national professional association which advocates for all registered nurses and the patients they serve.
- American Nursing Informatics Association (ANIA) is designed to advance the field of nursing informatic
s through communicat ion, education, research and profession al activities .
- American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA) advances the occupational therapy profession through standard-setting, advocacy, education, and research on behalf of its members and the public.
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) recognizes qualified individuals in medical imaging, interventional procedures, and radiation therapy.
- American Society for Healthcare Risk Management (ASHRM) is the leader in advancing safe and trusted healthcare through enterprise risk management.
- American Society of Anesthesia Technologists & Technicians (ASATT) is responsible for the standards of technologist/technician competency in all areas of anesthesia.
- American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) is the world’s leading professional organization representing physicians who treat people with cancer.
- American Society of Hematology (ASH) is the world’s largest professional society concerned with the causes and treatments of blood disorders.
- American Society of Pharmacovigilance (ASP) is a national biomedical and healthcare network with membership open to all healthcare professionals.
- American Urological Association (AUA) is a premier urologic association providing invaluable support to the urologic community.
- Arthroscopy Association of North America (AANA) is comprised of orthopaedic surgeons and medical professionals in the field of minimally-invasive orthopaedic surgery.
- Association for Healthcare Volunteer Resource Professionals (AHVRP) is the premier membership society for healthcare volunteer services.
- Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology (APIC) is the leading professional association for infection preventionists (IPs) with more than 15,000 members.
- Association for Vascular Access (AVA) is an association of healthcare professionals dedicated to promote the emerging vascular access specialty.
- Association of Medical Illustrators (AMI) furthers the use of visual media to advance life sciences, medicine, and healthcare through a worldwide network of specialized interdisciplinary professionals.
- Association of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology Nurses (APHON) is the professional organization for pediatric hematology/oncology nurses and related healthcare professionals.
- Association of periOperative Registered Nurses (AORN) represents the interests of more than 160,000 perioperative nurses.
- Association of Surgical Technologists (AST) is the oldest and most widely-recognized professional organization for surgical technologists and surgical assistants.
- Case Management Society of America (CMSA) provides professional collaboration across the healthcare continuum to advocate for improved health outcomes.
- Emergency Nurses Association (ENA) is dedicated to defining the future of emergency nursing and emergency care through advocacy, expertise, innovation and leadership.
- Health Care Compliance Association (HCCA) exists to champion ethical practice and compliance standards for ethics and compliance professionals.
- International Association of Rehabilitation Professionals (IARP) is the premier global association for professionals involved in private rehabilitation.
- National Association for Healthcare Quality (NAHQ) is the only organization dedicated to healthcare quality professionals.
- National Association of Addiction Treatment Providers (NAATP) is a national professional membership and advocacy association for addiction treatment providers.
- National Association of Clinical Nurse Specialists (NACNS) is dedicated to advancing CNS practice and education and assuring the public access to quality CNS services.
- National Association of Healthcare Access Management (NAHAM) is dedicated to excellence in the management of patient access services.
- National Association of Medical Examiners (NAME) is a membership organization of physician medical examiners, medical death investigators and death investigation system administrators.
- National Association of Neonatal Nurses (NANN) is the advocate and leading change agent for the neonatal nursing profession to optimize care for neonates and their families.
- National Association of State EMS Officials (NASEMSO) is a membership organization comprised of state emergency medical services (EMS) officials.
- National Health Care Anti-Fraud Association (NHCAA) is the leading national organization focused exclusively on the fight against health care fraud.
- Radiological Society of North America (RSNA) is an international society of radiologists, medical physicists and other medical professionals.
- Regulatory Affairs Professionals Society (RAPS) is the largest global organization of and for those involved with the regulation of healthcare and related products.
- Society of Pediatric Nurses (SPN) is the only broad-based pediatric nursing organization founded for all nurses involved in the care of children and families.
View the entire List of Professional Associations & Organizations >>