List of Counseling Professional Associations & Organizations
The following List of Counseling Professional Associations & Organizations is a key resource for those interested in pursuing professional development or connecting with like-minded Counseling professionals.
Membership in Counseling Professional Associations & Organizations also looks great on your Resume and LinkedIn profile to bolster your credentials and qualifications.
Related: Counseling Posts Tag
I recommend visiting each Association’s website and doing the pertinent research for information on membership costs and requirements. These membership-based Counseling Professional Associations & Organizations serve the interests of professionals in a given industry or occupation.
Here’s the list of Counseling Professional Associations & Organizations:
- American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors and Therapists (AASECT) is a membership organization for promoting understanding of human sexuality and healthy sexual behavior.
- American Counseling Association (ACA) is a not-for-profit, professional and educational organization that is dedicated to the growth and enhancement of the counseling profession.
- American Mental Health Counselors Association (AMHCA) enhances the profession of mental health counseling through advocacy, education and professional development.
- American School Counselor Association (ASCA) supports school counselors’ efforts to help students focus on academic, career and social/emotional development.
- Association for Addiction Professionals (NAADAC) represents the professional interests of addiction counselors, educators and other addiction-focused health care professionals.
- Association for Death Education and Counseling (ADEC) is one of the oldest interdisciplinary organizations in the field of dying, death and bereavement.
- Association of Academic Physiatrists (AAP) is a professional society dedicated to serving leaders and rising stars in physiatry.
- National Associatio
n for College Admission Counseling (NACAC) is dedicated to serving students as they make choices about pursuing post-second ary education.
- National Association of Cognitive-Behavioral Therapists (NACBT) functions to support cognitive-behavioral therapists through continuing education and networking.
- National Organization of Forensic Social Work (NOFSW) is dedicated to the advancement of education in the field of forensic social work.
View the full list of Professional Associations & Organizations >>