List of Professional Designations & Certifications (by Industry)
The following list of professional designations includes many of the top globally-recognized industry credentials.
Attaining professional designations is beneficial for gaining knowledge, developing new skills, and demonstrating mastery within a particular industry or occupation. This includes listing certifications on your Resume and LinkedIn profile to help recruiters and hiring managers see your level of expertise.
I recommend doing your due diligence to identify the optimal designation for your particular needs, timeline, and budget. Simply click the links below for more information on the following credentialing programs.
Here’s the List:
- View the compilation of Accounting Professional Designations.
- View the compilation of Administrative Professional Designations.
- Certification in Aerospace Physiology (CAsP) program demonstrates competency in the characteristics of the atmosphere, acceleration, and spatial disorientation.
- Certified Professional Animal Care Provider (CPACP) program is geared toward individuals in the daily handling of animals within professional pet care business.
- Certified Manager of Animal Resources (CMAR) program is designed to raise competency and professionalism in the field of laboratory animal resources management.
- Certified in Entity and Intangible Valuations (CEIV) credential is intended for professionals who perform fair value measurements for public company financial statement reporting purposes.
- Certified Association Executive (CAE) is the marker of a committed association professional who has demonstrated the wide range of knowledge essential to manage an association.
- Professional Traffic Operations Engineer (PTOE) is a powerful demonstration of requisite knowledge, skill and ability in the specialized application of traffic operations engineering.
- Certified Blockchain Expert (CBE) program for skilled professionals who understand Blockchain and how to build Blockchain-based applications for enterprises and businesses.
- Certified Broadcast Technologist (CBT) recognizes and raises the professional status of broadcast engineers by providing standards of professional competence.
- Certified Business Intelligence Professional (CBIP) credential is the business intelligence and data warehousing industry’s most meaningful and credible certification program.
- View the compilation of Career Services Professional Designations.
- Certified Child Life Specialist (CCLS) credentialing program is a rigorous, examination-based professional certification credential to increase the proficiency of child life professionals.
- Certified Construction Manager (CCM) is the gold standard in personnel credentials for the construction management profession.
- Certified Professional Constructor (CPC) designation is for managing the process of construction.
- Certified Welder (CW) program tests welders to procedures used in the structural steel, petroleum pipelines, sheet metal, and chemical refinery welding industries.
- Construction Health and Safety Technician (CHST) certification is devoted to the prevention of construction illnesses and injuries.
- View the compilation of Counseling Professional Designations.
- Accelerated Culinary Arts Certificate Program (ACAP) gives you a hands-on understanding of the professional kitchen and expand your career opportunities.
- Licensed Dental Hygienist (LDH) program ensures dental hygienists practice in accordance with requirements of individual state dental practice acts.
- Certified Design Thinking Professional (CDTP) recognizes innovation professionals who have demonstrated an advanced understanding of the key topics relating to various design methods.
- Certified Economic Developer (CEcD) program develops one’s core competencies across the breadth of topics necessary to being a well-rounded and successful economic developer.
- Electronic Systems Technician (EST) is a widely recognized industry credential for professionals installing, upgrading, and servicing a variety of residential and commercial electronic systems.
- View the compilation of Emergency Management Professional Designations.
- NABCEP Associate Program recognizes qualified individuals in the application, design, installation, and operation of photovoltaic, solar heating or small wind energy systems.
- View the compilation of Engineering Professional Designations.
- View the compilation of Event Management Professional Designations.
- Certified Facility Manager (CFM) credential sets the industry standard for ensuring the knowledge and competence of practicing facility managers.
- Facilities Management Administrator (FMA) program to manage facilities in a way that best supports staff and fits into your organization’s overall objectives.
- Facilities Management Professional (FMP) is a knowledge-based credential for FM professionals and industry suppliers looking to increase their depth-of-knowledge in the core FM topics.
- View the compilation of Finance Professional Designations.
- Certified Personal Trainer (CPT) designation teaches research-based techniques to help people of all fitness levels reach their personal fitness goals.
- Personal Fitness Trainer (PFT) is proudly accredited through the National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA), which is the industry standard.
Food Service / Nutrition
- Certified Nutrition Specialist (CNS) certification is held by clinical nutritionists, physicians and other advance-degreed healthcare professionals with a specialty in nutrition.
- ServSafe Manager program provides food safety training, exams and educational materials to foodservice managers.
- Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) designation for individuals demonstrates the highest standards of ethical and professional practice in serving the philanthropic sector.
- Certified Preplanning Consultant (CPC) program has set the highest standard of professional excellence in preplanning.
- View the compilation of Healthcare Professional Designations.
- View the compilation of Human Resource Designations.
- View the compilation of IT Professional Designations.
- Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU) is a leading credential for risk and insurance professionals specializing in risk management and property-casualty insurance.
- National Certified Interior Design Qualification (NCIDQ) is the globally recognized hallmark of a highly qualified interior designer.
- Esquire (ESQ) is a term used in the United States to designate a person who may practice law (lawyers are licensed by a state agency in each state).
- Professional Legal Secretary/Certified Legal Professional (PLS/CLP) is the designation for lawyer’s assistants who want to be identified as exceptional.
- CITT-Certified Logistics Professional (CCLP) designation is the most highly valued supply chain logistics credential in the industry.
- Google Analytics Individual Qualification (IQ) is a demonstration of proficiency in Google Analytics that is available to any individual who has passed the Google Analytics assessment.
- Professional Certified Marketer (PCM) shows you have the skills needed for strategy, planning, production, promotion, and measurement in Marketing.
- Certified Forklift Technician (CFT) program is to certify and recognize individuals who demonstrate core competencies involved in repair and maintenance of forklift vehicles.
- Manufacturing Specialist (MS) certification demonstrates a certain level of industry-wide technical skills in the math and measurement; and spatial reasoning and manufacturing technology categories.
- Charter Boat Captain commands a small vessel as a master, captain, or skipper and may contain a sailing endorsement for sailing vessels and/or a commercial towing endorsement.
- Certified Nonprofit Professional (CNP) credential is the only national nonprofit credential preparing students (undergraduate, graduate and professionals) for leadership in the nonprofit sector.
Occupational Safety & Health
- Occupational Hygiene and Safety Technicians (OHST) are persons who perform occupational health and safety activities on a full-time or part-time basis as part of their job duties.
- Certified Pharmaceutical GMP Professional (CPGP) understands the good manufacturing practices as regulated and guided by national and international agencies for the pharmaceutical industry.
- Nationally Registered Certified Pharmacy Technician (NRCPhT) designation demonstrates that certified individuals have the knowledge, skills, and clinical proficiency to assist pharmacists in health care settings.
- North American Pharmacist Licensure Examination (NAPLX) measures a candidate’s knowledge of the practice of pharmacy.
- Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) helps project teams properly use Scrum, increasing the likelihood of the project’s overall success.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) is the most important industry-recognized certification for project managers.
- Chief Fire Officer is open to chief officers serving at or above the level of battalion chief.
- Accredited Buyer’s Representative (ABR) designation is designed for real estate buyer agents who focus on working directly with buyer-clients at every stage of the home buying process.
- Certified New Home Sales Professional (CSP) teaches techniques used by real estate veterans for greeting prospects, overcoming objections and closing the sale.
- View the compilation of Sales Professional Designations.
- Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) is a paraprofessional who practices under close, ongoing supervision and is primarily responsible for the direct implementation of behavior-analytic services.
- Certified Protection Officer (CPO) is designed for security officers and students who wish to learn more about security/asset protection.
- Loss Prevention Qualified (LPQ) is a benchmark certification that canvases loss prevention practices, core competencies, foundational tools, business processes, and best practices.
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) designation for working with clients in order to help deal with issues involving mental and emotional health. Regulated by each individual state.
- Certified Specialist in Sports Dietetics (CSSD) program for experienced registered dietitians who apply evidence-based nutrition knowledge in exercise and sports.
- Specialist in Sports Nutrition (SSN) program prepares personal trainers to expand their practices into the specialized area of sports nutrition.
- Digital Video Engineering Professional (DVEP) certifies knowledge in the engineering aspects of digital media systems as deployed in the cable telecommunications industry.
- Registered Communications Distribution Designer (RCDD) for professionals in design, implementation, and project management of telecoms and data communications technology/infrastructure.
Training & Development
- Associate Professional in Talent Development (APTD) is designed for talent development professionals who are in the early part of their careers.
- Certified Professional in Learning and Performance (CPLP) is broad based and measures a talent development professionals’ competency in 10 areas of expertise.
- Certification in Urban Design (CUD) recognizes an individual’s knowledge, experience, and application of design principles.
- Certified Warehouse Logistics Professional (CWLP) designation is for seasoned individuals who have broad career experience and who have pursued additional professional education.
View the full compilation of Job Search Resources >>