List of Professional Designations & Certifications (by Industry)
The following list of professional designations includes many of the top globally-recognized industry credentials.
Attaining professional designations is beneficial for gaining knowledge, developing new skills, and demonstrating mastery within a particular industry or occupation. This includes listing certifications on your Resume and LinkedIn profile to help recruiters and hiring managers see your level of expertise.
Related: Professional Associations & Organizations List (by Industry)
I recommend doing your due diligence to identify the optimal designation for your particular needs, timeline, and budget. Simply click the links below for more information on the following credentialing programs.
Here’s the List:
- Electronic Systems Technician (EST) is a widely recognized industry credential for professionals installing, upgrading, and servicing a variety of residential and commercial electronic systems.
- NABCEP Associate Program recognizes qualified individuals in the application, design, installation, and operation of photovoltaic, solar heating or small wind energy systems.
Food Service / Nutrition
- Certified Nutrition Specialist (CNS) certification is held by clinical nutritionists, physicians and other advance-degreed healthcare professionals with a specialty in nutrition.
- ServSafe Manager program provides food safety training, exams and educational materials to foodservice managers.
- Certified Forklift Technician (CFT) program is to certify and recognize individuals who demonstrate core competencies involved in repair and maintenance of forklift vehicles.
- Manufacturing Specialist (MS) certification demonstrates a certain level of industry-wide technical skills in the math and measurement; and spatial reasoning and manufacturing technology categories.
- Charter Boat Captain commands a small vessel as a master, captain, or skipper and may contain a sailing endorsement for sailing vessels and/or a commercial towing endorsement.
- Certified Nonprofit Professional (CNP) credential is the only national nonprofit credential preparing students (undergraduate, graduate and professionals) for leadership in the nonprofit sector.
Occupational Safety & Health
- Chief Fire Officer is open to chief officers serving at or above the level of battalion chief.
- Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) is a paraprofessional who practices under close, ongoing supervision and is primarily responsible for the direct implementation of behavior-analytic services.
Training & Development