List of Professional Designations & Certifications (by Industry)
The following Professional Designations & Certifications List is a helpful compilation of websites for pursuing certification and/or licensure within a particular industry or occupation.
Earning one (or more) Professional Designations & Certifications is something nice to add to your Resume and LinkedIn profile to bolster your credentials. It’s also great for developing your skills and staying sharp in your craft.
Professional Designations are offered by a variety of professional associations, academic institutions, and federal, state, and local organizing bodies. Some certifications and licenses are easier to pursue than others. Do your due diligence on fees and requirements to earn your desired designation.
Here’s the list of Professional Designations & Certifications:
- View the compilation of Accounting Professional Designations.
- Professional Administrative Certification of Excellence (PACE) is an accreditation that tests the breadth of your professional knowledge in administration.
- Certification in Aerospace Physiology (CAsP) program demonstrates competency in the characteristics of the atmosphere, acceleration, and spatial disorientation.
- Certified Professional Animal Care Provider (CPACP) program is geared toward individuals in the daily handling of animals within professional pet care business.
- Certified Manager of Animal Resources (CMAR) program is designed to raise competency and professionalism in the field of laboratory animal resources management.
- Certified in Entity and Intangible Valuations (CEIV) credential is intended for professionals who perform fair value measurements for public company financial statement reporting purposes.
- Certified Association Executive (CAE) is the marker of a committed association professional who has demonstrated the wide range of knowledge essential to manage an association.
- Professional Traffic Operations Engineer (PTOE) is a powerful demonstration of requisite knowledge, skill and ability in the specialized application of traffic operations engineering.
- Certified Blockchain Expert (CBE) program for skilled professionals who understand Blockchain and how to build Blockchain-based applications for enterprises and businesses.
- Certified Broadcast Technologist (CBT) recognizes and raises the professional status of broadcast engineers by providing standards of professional competence.
- Certified Business Intelligence Professional (CBIP) credential is the business intelligence and data warehousing industry’s most meaningful and credible certification program.
- View the compilation of Career Services Professional Designations.
- Certified Child Life Specialist (CCLS) credentialing program is a rigorous, examination-based professional certification credential to increase the proficiency of child life professionals.
- Certified Construction Manager (CCM) is the gold standard in personnel credentials for the construction management profession.
- Certified Professional Constructor (CPC) designation is for managing the process of construction.
- Certified Welder (CW) program tests welders to procedures used in the structural steel, petroleum pipelines, sheet metal, and chemical refinery welding industries.
- Construction Health and Safety Technician (CHST) certification is devoted to the prevention of construction illnesses and injuries.
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) designation is offered with multiple specializations involving mental and emotional health.
- Accelerated Culinary Arts Certificate Program (ACAP) gives you a hands-on understanding of the professional kitchen and expand your career opportunities.
- Licensed Dental Hygienist (LDH) program ensures dental hygienists practice in accordance with requirements of individual state dental practice acts.
- Certified Design Thinking Professional (CDTP) recognizes innovation professionals who have demonstrated an advanced understanding of the key topics relating to various design methods.
- Certified Economic Developer (CEcD) program develops one’s core competencies across the breadth of topics necessary to being a well-rounded and successful economic developer.
- Certified Emergency Manager (CEM) program for emergency managers is designed to raise and maintain professional standards within the profession.
- View the compilation of Engineering Professional Designations.
Event Planning / Management
- Certified in Exhibition Management (CEM) designation is a globally recognized designation that demonstrates the highest professional standard throughout the exhibitions and events management arena.
- Certified Meeting Professional (CMP) designation represents the standard of excellence in today’s meetings, conventions and exhibitions industry.
- Certified Special Events Professional (CSEP) designation recognizes event professionals demonstrating the knowledge, skills, and ability essential to perform all components of a special event.
- Certified Facility Manager (CFM) credential sets the industry standard for ensuring the knowledge and competence of practicing facility managers.
- Facilities Management Administrator (FMA) program to manage facilities in a way that best supports staff and fits into your organization’s overall objectives.
- View the compilation of Finance Professional Designations.
- Certified Personal Trainer (CPT) designation teaches research-based techniques to help people of all fitness levels reach their personal fitness goals.
- Personal Fitness Trainer (PFT) is proudly accredited through the National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA), which is the industry standard.
Food Service / Nutrition
- Certified Nutrition Specialist (CNS) certification is held by clinical nutritionists, physicians and other advance-degreed healthcare professionals with a specialty in nutrition.
- ServSafe Manager program provides food safety training, exams and educational materials to foodservice managers.
- Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) designation for individuals demonstrates the highest standards of ethical and professional practice in serving the philanthropic sector.
- Certified Preplanning Consultant (CPC) program has set the highest standard of professional excellence in preplanning.
- View the compilation of Healthcare Professional Designations.
- Certificate in Benefit Plan Administration program provides a survey of the core operational areas and issues involved in administering benefit plans.
- Group Benefits Associate (GBA) certification courses develop strategic skill sets by attaining broad but deep expertise in health care, welfare benefits, and health economics.
- Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) demonstrates your mastery of the strategic and policy-making aspects of HR management as practiced in the U.S.
- View the compilation of IT Professional Designations.
- National Certified Interior Design Qualification (NCIDQ) is the globally recognized hallmark of a highly qualified interior designer.
- Esquire (ESQ) is a term used in the United States to designate a person who may practice law (lawyers are licensed by a state agency in each state).
- CITT-Certified Logistics Professional (CCLP) designation is the most highly valued supply chain logistics credential in the industry.
- Google Analytics Individual Qualification (IQ) is a demonstration of proficiency in Google Analytics that is available to any individual who has passed the Google Analytics assessment.
- Professional Certified Marketer (PCM) shows you have the skills needed for strategy, planning, production, promotion, and measurement in Marketing.
- Certified Forklift Technician (CFT) program is to certify and recognize individuals who demonstrate core competencies involved in repair and maintenance of forklift vehicles.
- Manufacturing Specialist (MS) certification demonstrates a certain level of industry-wide technical skills in the math and measurement; and spatial reasoning and manufacturing technology categories.
- Charter Boat Captain commands a small vessel as a master, captain, or skipper and may contain a sailing endorsement for sailing vessels and/or a commercial towing endorsement.
- Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) credential the world’s only accredited certification for philanthropic fundraising professionals.
- Certified Nonprofit Professional (CNP) credential is the only national nonprofit credential preparing students (undergraduate, graduate and professionals) for leadership in the nonprofit sector.
Occupational Safety & Health
- Occupational Hygiene and Safety Technicians (OHST) are persons who perform occupational health and safety activities on a full-time or part-time basis as part of their job duties.
- Certified Pharmaceutical GMP Professional (CPGP) understands the good manufacturing practices as regulated and guided by national and international agencies for the pharmaceutical industry.
- North American Pharmacist Licensure Examination (NAPLX) measures a candidate’s knowledge of the practice of pharmacy.
- Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) helps project teams properly use Scrum, increasing the likelihood of the project’s overall success.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) is the most important industry-recognized certification for project managers.
- Chief Fire Officer is open to chief officers serving at or above the level of battalion chief.
- Accredited Buyer’s Representative (ABR) designation is designed for real estate buyer agents who focus on working directly with buyer-clients at every stage of the home buying process.
- Certified Inside Sales Professional (CISP) demonstrates that you are looking to achieve the highest standard of excellence as an individual sales professional.
- Certified Professional Sales Person (CPSP) program is uniquely designed to transform you into a master influencer in sales.
- Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) is a paraprofessional who practices under close, ongoing supervision and is primarily responsible for the direct implementation of behavior-analytic services.
- Certified Protection Officer (CPO) is designed for security officers and students who wish to learn more about security/asset protection.
- Loss Prevention Qualified (LPQ) is a benchmark certification that canvases loss prevention practices, core competencies, foundational tools, business processes, and best practices.
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) designation for working with clients in order to help deal with issues involving mental and emotional health. Regulated by each individual state.
- Certified Specialist in Sports Dietetics (CSSD) program for experienced registered dietitians who apply evidence-based nutrition knowledge in exercise and sports.
- Specialist in Sports Nutrition (SSN) program prepares personal trainers to expand their practices into the specialized area of sports nutrition.
- Digital Video Engineering Professional (DVEP) certifies knowledge in the engineering aspects of digital media systems as deployed in the cable telecommunications industry.
- Registered Communications Distribution Designer (RCDD) for professionals in design, implementation, and project management of telecoms and data communications technology/infrastructure.
Training & Development
- Associate Professional in Talent Development (APTD) is designed for talent development professionals who are in the early part of their careers.
- Certified Professional in Learning and Performance (CPLP) is broad based and measures a talent development professionals’ competency in 10 areas of expertise.
- Certification in Urban Design (CUD) recognizes an individual’s knowledge, experience, and application of design principles.
- Certified Warehouse Logistics Professional (CWLP) designation is for seasoned individuals who have broad career experience and who have pursued additional professional education.
View the full compilation of Job Search Resources >>