List of Event Management Professional Designations & Certifications
The following list of event management professional designations includes popular credentials for meeting planners, conference planners, business travel managers, special events managers, and field events managers.
Attaining professional designations is beneficial for gaining knowledge, developing new skills, and demonstrating mastery in event management. This includes listing certifications on your Resume and LinkedIn profile to help clients, colleagues, and hiring professionals see your level of training and expertise.
Related: Event Management Posts Tag
I recommend doing your due diligence to identify the optimal designation for your particular needs, timeline, and budget. Simply click the links below for more information on the following credentialing programs.
Here’s the List:
- Certificate in Meeting Management (CMM) is a designation for those with at least seven years of professional experience in the meeting and event industry.
- Certified in Exhibition Management (CEM) designation is a globally recognized designation that demonstrates the highest professional standard throughout the exhibitions and conferences arena.
- Certified Government Meeting Professional (CGMP) is a designation for planners and suppliers whose work is governed by the rules and regulations of the federal government.
- Certified Meeting Professional (CMP) is a globally recognized badge of excellence in the events industry.
- Certified Professional in Catering and Events (CPCE) is a nationally recognized program and the mark of excellence for catering and event professionals.
- Certified Special Events Professional (CSEP) designation recognizes event professionals demonstrating the knowledge, skills, and ability essential to perform all components of a special event.
- Global Travel Professional (GTP) is a designation for individuals who demonstrate core competencies essential to the business travel management discipline.
View the Entire List of Professional Designations >>