List of Human Resource Professional Designations & Certifications
The following list of human resource professional designations includes the top credentials for those in HR.
Attaining professional designations is beneficial for gaining knowledge, developing new skills, and demonstrating mastery within the HR world. This includes listing certifications on your Resume and LinkedIn profile to help recruiters and hiring managers see your level of expertise.
Related: HR Posts Tag
I recommend doing your due diligence to identify the optimal designation for your particular needs, timeline, and budget. Simply click the links below for more information on the following credentialing programs.
Here’s the List:
- Associate Professional in Human Resources (aPHR) is for professionals who are just beginning their HR career journey and proves knowledge of foundational HR.
- Associate Professional in Talent Development (APTD) is a professional certification for TD professionals with at least three years of experience.
- Certified Corporate Wellness Specialist (CCWS) is the foremost designation available in the wellness and well-being field.
- Certified Employee Assistance Professional (CEAP) demonstrates knowledge, experience, and expertise across the entire EAP body of knowledge.
- Certified Employment Support Professional (CESP) is a national credential for those who assist people with disabilities in finding and maintaining regular, community-based employment.
- Certified Executive Compensation Professional (CECP) demonstrates a broad and deep understanding of strategy, plan design, administration and evaluation of executive compensation plans.
- Certified Professional in Learning and Performance (CPLP) is broad based and measures a talent development professionals’ competency in 10 areas of expertise.
- Chief Human Resources Officer Certificate Programeducates HR leaders on best practices from the top HR executives in the world.
- Human Resource Information Professional (HRIP) is designed for a comprehensive understanding and proficiency of the defined body of knowledge in HR information management.
- IPMA-HR Certified Professional (IPMA-CP) is a designation for entry- or mid-level career public sector HR professionals that demonstrates superior knowledge in all facets of HR.
- SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM–SCP) is designed for HR professionals who are looking to make the jump to the C-Suite within the next couple of years.
- Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) demonstrates mastery of the strategic and policy-making aspects of HR management as practiced in the U.S.
- Strategic HR Business Partner (sHRBP) is suitable for any early or mid-career professional who wants to increase their credibility, influence, and impact.
View the Entire List of Professional Designations >>