Emergency Management Professional Designations
List of Emergency Management Professional Designations & Certifications
The following list of emergency management professional designations includes popular credentials for emergency directors, safety managers, disaster preparedness managers, and public safety managers.
Attaining professional designations is beneficial for gaining knowledge, developing new skills, and demonstrating mastery in emergency management. This includes listing certifications on your Resume and LinkedIn profile to help clients, colleagues, and hiring professionals see your level of training and expertise.
Related: Emergency Management Posts Tag
Read: How to Build Your Network Using Professional Associations
I recommend doing your due diligence to identify the optimal designation for your particular needs, timeline, and budget. Simply click the links below for more information on the following credentialing programs.
Here’s the List:
- Certified Emergency Disaster Professional (CEDP) is a credential for those working in any position related to emergency management and disaster response.
- Certified Emergency Management Specialist (CEMS) is a program for those with expertise in disaster preparedness, planning and response, bioterrorism preparedness, and weapons of mass destruction.
- Certified Emergency Manager (CEM) program for emergency managers is designed to raise and maintain professional standards within the profession.
- Certified Healthcare Emergency Professional (CHEP) is a program for emergency directors, safety managers, facility management personnel, nurses, administrative leaders, and other healthcare personnel.
- Certified Public-Safety Executive (CPE) is a certification program for professionals in the public safety communications industry.
- Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) educates volunteers in disaster preparedness, fire safety, light search and rescue, team organization, and disaster medical operations.
- Emergency Preparedness Certificate Program (EPCP) is designed for global leaders in security, intelligence, training, and investigative services.
- Registered Public-Safety Leader (RPL) is a program designed for individuals interested in developing a solid foundation of management and supervisory skills necessary for successful PSAP operations.
View the Entire List of Professional Designations >>
Would you like to add an Emergency Management Professional Designation?
Please send information on the Professional Designation for Emergency Management for inclusion.