List of Accounting Professional Designations & Certifications
The following List of Accounting Professional Designations is a key resource for those interested in pursuing professional development or licensure in the Accounting industry.
Earning one (or more) Accounting Professional Designations allows you to stay on the cutting edge in Accounting and it also looks great on your Resume and LinkedIn profile to bolster your credentials.
Related: Accounting Posts Tag
Accounting Professional Designations are offered by a variety of different organizations. Some designations are easier to pursue than others. Do your due diligence on fees and requirements for earning your desired designation.
Here’s the list of Accounting Professional Designations:
- Accredited Estate Planner (AEP) designation acknowledges an individual’s experience and specialization in estate planning.
- Accredited Tax Preparer (ATP) is a leading national credential for practitioners who have thorough knowledge of the existing tax code and the preparation of individual tax returns.
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP) designation is a professional certification mark for financial planners.
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) credential denotes proven expertise in fraud prevention, detection and deterrence.
- Certified Government Auditing Professional (CGAP) program is designed especially for auditors working in the public sector at all levels.
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) is the only globally recognized internal audit certification.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license is the accounting profession’s highest standard of competence, a symbol of achievement and assurance of quality.
- Certified Management Accountant (CMA) credential is a global benchmark for management accountants and financial professionals.
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) designation is a globally recognized certification for IS audit control, assurance and security professionals.
- Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA) is the most widely held management accounting designation in the world with more than 150,000 designees.
- Enrolled Agent (EA) credential for federally-licensed tax practitioners who may represent taxpayers before the IRS when it comes to collections, audits and appeals.
View the Entire List of Professional Designations >>