List of Accounting Professional Designations & Certifications
The following Accounting Professional Designations are some of the top credentials for Accounting professionals.
Attaining professional designations is great for acquiring new knowledge and demonstrating mastery within a particular niche. Doing this also bolsters the certifications section of your Resume and LinkedIn profile.
Related: Accounting Posts Tag
To get started, begin reflecting on your particular needs, timeline, and budget. Then, visit each website (from the list below) and conduct due diligence to identify the optimal designation for you.
Here’s the List:
- Accredited Estate Planner (AEP) designation acknowledges an individual’s experience and specialization in estate planning.
- Accredited Tax Preparer (ATP) is a leading national credential for practitioners who have thorough knowledge of the existing tax code and the preparation of individual tax returns.
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) credential denotes proven expertise in fraud prevention, detection and deterrence.
- Certified Government Auditing Professional (CGAP) program is designed especially for auditors working in the public sector at all levels.
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) is the only globally recognized internal audit certification.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license is the accounting profession’s highest standard of competence, a symbol of achievement and assurance of quality.
- Certified Management Accountant (CMA) credential is a global benchmark for management accountants and financial professionals.
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) designation is a globally recognized certification for IS audit control, assurance and security professionals.
- Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA) is the most widely held management accounting designation in the world with more than 150,000 designees.
- Enrolled Agent (EA) credential for federally-licensed tax practitioners who may represent taxpayers before the IRS when it comes to collections, audits and appeals.
View the Entire List of Professional Designations >>