Conducting employer research is a critical aspect of running an effective job search. As such, I conducted some of my own research to compile a short list of the best websites for job seekers to study prospective employers.
Doing employer research is beneficial when you’re evaluating potential employers, filling out job applications, writing a cover letter, or preparing for a job interview. This means accessing valuable corporate culture and salary/benefits data as well as reading company reviews written by current and former employees.
Related: List of Employers by Industry
I recommend using the following sites to conduct research on prospective employers. When evaluating job opportunities, the more information you have about a potential employer, the better. Happy researching!
Here’s the List:
- Career Bliss is an online career community that is designed to help you find happiness.
- Comparably provides the most accurate and comprehensive compensation and culture data.
- Craft is a machine learning-driven platform to discover and track innovative companies and sectors.
- Glassdoor offers valuable insights from past and current employees of companies nationwide.
- Job Case is committed to connecting, empowering, and employing America’s workforce.
- LinkedIn maintains a large directory of company pages for accessing employer information.
- Vault provides intelligence on what it’s like to work within an industry, company, or profession.
View the full Job Seeker Resources List >>