List of LGBT Professional Associations & Organizations
LGBT Professional Associations & Organizations are typically not-for-profit with the mission of serving the interests of LGBT professionals across many industries.
I urge LGBT professionals to join one or more Professional Associations & Organizations. Becoming a member is usually pretty simple. Most associations require an application and annual membership dues. You may need to undergo specialized training and re-certification to stay active.
Make sure to conduct your due diligence and find LGBT professional associations that are a match based on your industry specialization, experience level, and geographic location. After you become a member, remember to include this information on your Resume and LinkedIn profile.
Here’s the list of LGBT Professional Associations & Organizations:
- Gay & Lesbian Medical Association (GLMA) is the world’s largest and oldest association of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) healthcare professionals.
- National Association of Gay and Lesbian Real Estate Professionals (NAGLREP) is the number one forum for LGBT home buyers, sellers, and real estate professionals.
- National Gay Pilots Association (NGPA) is committed to build, support, and unite the global LGBT aviation community through education, social events, and outreach programs.
- National LGBT Bar Association (LGBT BAR) is a national association of lawyers, judges, and legal professionals promoting justice in and through the legal profession for the LGBT community.
- National Organization of Gay and Lesbian Scientists and Technical Professionals (NOGLSTP) is a professional society for LGBT people in science, technology, engineering, and math.
- Association of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender Addiction Professionals (NALGAP) is dedicated to the prevention and treatment of alcoholism, substance abuse, and addictions in LGBT communities.
View the full list of Professional Associations & Organizations >>