List of Journalism & Photojournalism Professional Associations & Organizations
The following Journalism and Photojournalism Professional Associations & Organizations hold networking events and professional development courses to serve journalists of all industries and experience levels.
Membership benefits of joining include the ability to connect with like-minded environment professionals and stay abreast of industry trends and happenings. Becoming a member is also a great way to bolster the credentials on your Resume and LinkedIn profile as a journalist.
These membership-based organizations are dedicated to serving the interests of professionals within a particular specialization or niche. It’s wise to visit each Association’s website for more information on specializations, membership costs, and requirements.
Here’s the List:
- American Society of Journalists and Authors (ASJA) is the only professional association sharply focused on independent nonfiction writers.
- American Society of Media Photographers (ASMP) is the premier trade association for photographers who create images primarily for publication.
- Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication (AEJMC) is nonprofit, educational association of journalism and mass communication educators, students and media professionals.
- Association of Health Care Journalists (AHCJ) is dedicated to improving the quality, accuracy and visibility of health care reporting, writing and editing.
- International Association of Religion Journalists (IARJ) is a global network of journalists promoting excellence in the coverage of religion and spirituality.
- National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) is the voice for the nation’s radio and television broadcasters.
- National Press Photographers Association (NPPA) is dedicated to the advancement of visual journalism for individuals who are working or aspiring towards working in the field of visual journalism.
- North American Snowsports Journalists Association (NASJA) is comprised of writers, photographers and other communication professionals who report on ski and snowboarding news.
- North American Travel Journalists Association (NATJA) is comprised of writers, photographers, editors, and tourism professionals in the travel industry.
- Online News Association is the world’s largest digital journalism association for journalists, technologists, executives, students, educators and other digital media professionals.
- Professional Photographers of America (PPA) is the world’s largest non-profit association for professional photographers.
- Society for Advancing Business Editing and Writing (SABEW) is the largest membership organization of financial journalists in the world.
- Society for Features Journalism (SFJ) promotes the craft of writing and innovation in lifestyle, arts and entertainment journalism.
- Society of Broadcast Engineers (SBE) is devoted to the advancement of all levels and types of broadcast engineering.
- Society of Environmental Journalists (SEJ) provides vital support to journalists of all media who face the challenge of covering complex environmental issues.
- Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ) is the nation’s most broad-based journalism organization, dedicated to improving and protecting journalism.
View the entire List of Professional Associations & Organizations >>