List of Black Professional Associations & Organizations
Black Professional Associations & Organizations are typically not-for-profit with the mission of serving the interests of black professionals across all industries.
I urge black professionals to join one or more Professional Associations & Organizations. Becoming a member is usually pretty simple. Most associations require an application and annual membership dues. You may need to undergo specialized training and re-certification to stay active.
Make sure to conduct your due diligence and find black professional associations that are a match based on your industry specialization, experience level, and geographic location. After you become a member, remember to include this information on your Resume and LinkedIn profile.
Here’s the list of Black Professional Organizations & Associations:
- Association of Black Women Physicians (ABWP) is an organized network of black women physicians committed to the improvement of public health and health equity.
- National Association of African Americans in Human Resources (NAAAHR) is an inspirational and unique career development and networking powerhouse.
- National Association of Black Accountants (NABA) is the leader in expanding the influence of minority professionals in the fields of accounting and finance.
- National Association of Black Journalists (NABJ) provides career development as well as educational and other support to its members worldwide.
- National Black Nurses Associatio
n (NBNA) is a forum for black nurses to advocate for and implement strategies to ensure access to the highest quality of healthcare for persons of color.
- National Black Prosecutors Association (NBPA) is the only professional membership organization dedicated to the advancement of African Americans as prosecutors.
- National Forum for Black Public Administrators (NFBPA) is a professional membership organization dedicated to the advancement of black leadership in the public sector.
- National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE) is dedicated to serving culturally responsible black engineers who excel academically, succeed professionally, and positively impact the community.
- Organization of Black Aerospace Professionals (OBAP) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to the encouragement and advancement of minorities in all aviation and aerospace careers.
View the full list of Professional Associations & Organizations >>