List of Black Professional Associations & Organizations
The following Black Professional Associations & Organizations hold a variety of networking events and professional development programs to bring like-minded African American professionals together.
Membership is great for meeting new people and continually learning. It’s also good for bolstering the credentials on your Resume and showing that you’re an active, engaged professional in your industry and community.
Related: Diversity Posts Tag
I recommend visiting each Association’s website and doing the pertinent research for information on membership costs and requirements. These membership-based professional associations serve the interests of African Americans in a given industry or occupation.
Here’s the list:
- American Association for Access, Equity, and Diversity (AAAED) is the association of professionals managing affirmative action, equal opportunity, diversity and other HR programs.
- American Association of Blacks in Energy (AABE) ensures the input of African Americans into the discussion and development of energy policies, regulations, R&D technologies and environmental issues.
- Association of African American Museums (AAAM) is a non-profit organization that offers individual membership and empowers its members through advocacy, professional development, and collaboration.
- Association of Black Cardiologists (ABC) is a membership-based association for physicians, scientists, clinical care associates, cardiologists in training, medical students and more.
- Association of Black Psychologists (ABPsi) promotes and advances the profession of African Psychology.
- Association of Black Sociologists (ABS) is a membership organization for black social science leaders committed to research, teaching, mentoring, service, and social justice.
- Association of Black Women Physicians (ABWP) is an organized network of black women physicians committed to the improvement of public health and health equity.
- Black Data Processing Associates (BDPA) is an organization for black professionals in IT including programmers, analysts, engineers, managers, instructors, and entrepreneurs.
- Black Women in Science and Engineering (BWISE) is a membership-based organization for African American females who have degrees in the sciences, math, and engineering.
- International Association of Black Professional Fire Fighters (IABPFF) is dedicated to cultivating and maintaining professional competence and establishing unity among black professional fire fighters.
- National African American Insurance Association (NAAIA) is dedicated to empowering African-American insurance professionals.
- National Alliance of Black School Educators (NABSE) is devoted to the success of the nation’s children, particularly children of African descent.
- National Association for Black Veterinarians (NABV) is dedicated to supporting African-American individuals within the field of veterinary medicine.
- National Association of African Americans in Human Resources (NAAAHR) is an inspirational and unique career development and networking powerhouse.
- National Association of African American Studies (NAAAS) serves as a resource for scholars in the field doing research related to the African and African American experience.
- National Association of Black Accountants (NABA) is the leader in expanding the influence of minority professionals in the fields of accounting and finance.
- National Association of Blacks in Criminal Justice (NABCJ) is comprised of African Americans in law enforcement, judicial admin, juvenile justice, institution-based corrections, and more.
- National Association of Black Female Executives in Music & Entertainment (NABFEME) empowers women of color in recorded music, sports, media and related entertainment industry fields.
- National Association of Black Geoscientists (NABG) is a nonprofit organization established to encourage and support African American geoscientists.
- National Association of Black Journalists (NABJ) provides career development as well as educational and other support to its members worldwide.
- National Association of Black Law Enforcement Officers (NABLEO) is a national organization serving as an advocate for the concerns and issues of law enforcement officers of color throughout the United States.
- National Association of Black Male Educators (NABME) promotes the professional advancement of black and minority male educators.
- National Association of Black Narcotics Agents (NABNA) is devoted to furthering the hiring, training, and retention of minority DEA employees.
- National Assocation of Black Physical Therapists (NABPT) is a membership-based organization for African American physical therapists and physical therapy assistants.
- National Association of Black Social Workers (NABSW) is committed to enhancing quality of life and empowering people of African ancestry.
- National Association of Negro Business and Professional Women’s Clubs (NANBPWC) promotes and protects the interests of African American business and professional women.
- National Association of Negro Musicians (NANM) is a membership organization for African-American music and musicians, performers, educators, students, administrators, and enthusiasts.
- National Association of Real Estate Brokers (NAREB) the nation’s oldest and most historic black real estate membership-based professional association.
- National Association of Securities Professionals (NASP) is the premier non-profit organization for minorities and women in the securities industry.
- National Black Association of Speech Language and Hearing (NBASLH) is a membership organization representing certified black speech-language and hearing professionals.
- National Black Coalition of Federal Aviation Employees (NBCFAE) focuses on networking, education, volunteering and leadership through aviation based careers.
- National Black Contractors Association (NBCA) addresses the needs of African Americans in construction, women and other under-represented contractors.
- National Black Farmers Association (NBFA) is a non-profit organization representing African American farmers in the United States.
- National Black MBA Association (NBMBAA) leads in the creation of educational opportunities and economic growth for African Americans.
- National Black Nurses Associatio
n (NBNA) is a forum for black nurses to advocate for and implement strategies to ensure access to the highest quality of healthcare for persons of color.
- National Black Police Association (NBPA) is a national organization is dedicated to promoting justice, fairness, and effectiveness in law enforcement.
- National Black Prosecutors Association (NBPA) is the only professional membership organization dedicated to the advancement of African Americans as prosecutors.
- National Black Public Relations Society (NBPRS) is a membership-based organization for black professionals in the public relations, media relations, and corporate communication fields.
- National Coalition of Black Meeting Professionals (NCBMP) is a non-profit organization dedicated primarily to the training needs of African American meeting planners.
- National Conference of Black Lawyers (NCBL) is an association of lawyers, scholars, judges, legal workers, law students and legal activists.
- National Conference of Black Political Scientists (NCOBPS) is organized to study, enhance, and promote the political aspirations of people of African descent.
- National Dental Hygienists’ Association (NDHA) is committed to serving minority dental hygiene practitioners of African American descent and bringing the community together for betterment.
- National Economic Association (NEA) offers membership to minority professionals and graduate students in the field of economics and a wide array of related disciplines.
- National Forum for Black Public Administrators (NFBPA) is a professional membership organization dedicated to the advancement of black leadership in the public sector.
- National Medical Association (NMA) is the collective voice of African American physicians and the leading force for parity and justice in medicine.
- National Organization of Blacks in Dietetics and Nutrition (NOBIDAN) is a professional organization of African-American dietetic and nutrition practitioners.
- National Organization of Black Law Enforcement Executives (NOBLE) represents black chiefs of police, sheriffs, and command level law enforcement agency personnel.
- National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE) is dedicated to serving culturally responsible black engineers who excel academically, succeed professionally, and positively impact the community.
- National Society of Black Physicists (NSBP) promotes the professional well-being of African American physicist and physics students.
- Organization of Black Aerospace Professionals (OBAP) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to the encouragement and advancement of minorities in all aviation and aerospace careers.
View the entire Professional Associations & Organizations List >>