List of Writing Professional Associations & Organizations
The following Writing Management Professional Associations & Organizations hold networking and professional development initiatives to serve the greater good for people in the writing profession.
Membership benefits of joining include the ability to connect with like-minded environment professionals and stay abreast of trends and happenings in the industry. Becoming a member is also a great way to bolster the credentials on your Resume and LinkedIn profile as a professional writer in your industry.
These membership-based organizations are dedicated to serving the interests of professionals within a particular specialization or niche. It’s wise to visit each Association’s website for more information on specializations, membership costs, and requirements.
Here’s the List:
- American Medical Writers Association (AMWA) is the leading professional organization for writers, editors, and other communicators of medical information.
- American Society of Business Press Editors (ASBPE) is comprised of editors, writers, and graphic designers employed in the business, trade, and specialty press.
- Association of Writers & Writing Programs (AWP) provides community, opportunities, ideas, news, and advocacy for writers and teachers of writing.
- Education Writers Association (EWA) is committed to strengthening the community of education writers.
- International Food, Wine, and Travel Writers Association (IFWTWA) is a resource base for writers and other professionals in the food, wine, and travel industries.
- International Motor Press Association (IMPA) is the country’s oldest organization of automotive journalists and public relations professionals.
- National Association of Memoir Writers (NAMW) is a membership organization for memoir writers from all over the world.
- National Association of Real Estate Editors (NAREE) is a membership organization comprised of real estate writers, editors, columnists, authors and communicators.
- National Association of Science Writers (NASW) is the largest organization devoted to the professional interests of science writers.
- Outdoor Writers Association of America (OWAA) is dedicated to improving the professional skills of professional outdoor communicators.
- Society for Editing (ACES) is a professional organization working toward the advancement of editors.
- Society of American Travel Writers (SATW) promotes responsible journalism, provide professional development for its members and encourage the conservation.
- Spanish Editors Association (SEA) is dedicated to promoting high standards of quality, ethics, and business practices for editors of Spanish texts for the United States.
View the entire List of Professional Associations & Organizations >>