List of Top Employers by Industry
The following Top Employers List is a compilation of website links to the careers page at some of the top companies (aka employers) by industry and/or geographic location.
99.99% of employers (in the United States) have an individual website to advertise job openings within their company. Savvy job seekers know that visiting these sites may dramatically improve one’s job search results versus the typical approach of using big, crowded job boards like Indeed and Monster.
I started building this list to show how easy it is to skip the middleman (big job sites) and search for jobs at some of the top employers in your desired industry. Visit each page and follow the steps to apply!
Here’s the list of Top Employers by Industry:
- View the compilation of Accounting Employers.
- View the compilation of Aerospace Employers.
- View the full compilation of Airlines Employers.
- Gensler is a global design firm grounded in the belief that design strategy optimizes business performance and human potential.
- View the full compilation of Automotive Employers.
- Citizens Bank is one of the oldest and largest financial services firms in the United States.
- M&T Bank is a multi-state community-focused bank providing banking, investment, insurance and mortgage financial services.
- Regions is one of the nation’s largest full-service providers of consumer and commercial banking, wealth management, mortgage and insurance products and services.
- iHeartMedia serves over 150 markets through 858 owned radio stations.
- Builders FirstSource is the largest diversified suppliers of lumber and building materials to professional builders, contractors, and homeowners.
- Owens Corning develops, manufactures, and markets insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites.
- Airgas is the leading U.S. supplier of industrial, medical and specialty gases, as well as hardgoods and related products.
- Chemours is a world leader in titanium technologies, fluoroproducts and chemical solutions.
- DuPont is a science-based products and services company offering innovative products and services in agriculture and food, building and construction, communications, and transportation.
Commercial Real Estate
- Cushman & Wakefield is a leading global real estate services firm with 45,000 employees in more than 70 countries.
- JLL is professional services and investment management firm specializing in real estate.
- NVIDIA is a leading company in personal computer (PC) graphics, graphics processing unit (GPU), artificial intelligence (AI).
- Cisco is the worldwide technology leader that has been making the Internet work since 1984.
- Adobe is the global leader in digital media and digital marketing solutions.
- Microsoft develops, licenses, and supports a range of software products, services and devices in productivity and business processes, intelligent cloud, and personal computing.
- Burns & McDonnell is a global leader in engineering, architecture, construction, environmental and consulting solutions.
- CalAtlantic Homes operates in 17 states with 26 divisions serving 41 major markets.
- NVR is a market leading homebuilder operating throughout 27 metropolitan areas in 15 states.
- United Rentals is North America’s largest equipment rental company, with 880+ stores in the United States and Canada.
- Booz Allen Hamilton provides management and technology consulting and engineering services.
- Apple designs, develops, and sells consumer electronics, computer software, and online services.
- Clorox manufactures products in more than two dozen countries and market them in more than 100 countries.
- HanesBrands is a leading marketer of everyday basic innerwear and activewear apparel in the Americas, Europe, Australia and Asia-Pacific.
- Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love.
- Mattel is a leader in play, learning and development worldwide with a global workforce of approximately 31,000 people.
- P&G serves consumers around the world with one of the strongest portfolios of trusted, quality, leadership brands.
- Symantec is the world’s leading cyber security company.
Defense & Space
- Curtiss-Wright is a diversified, multinational provider of highly engineered, technologically advanced products and services.
- Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company.
- Raytheon is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, security and civil markets throughout the world.
- McGraw-Hill Education is the world’s foremost learning science company.
- Foxconn is a multi-national design, manufacturing & logistics services provider for computer, communications and consumer electronics (“3C”) industries.
- Jabil develops and manufactures products that help to connect people, advance technology, and improve the world we share.
- Sanmina is a leading integrated manufacturing solutions provider serving the fastest-growing segments of the global Electronics Manufacturing Services (EMS) market.
- HBK Engineering is a professional engineering design firm providing civil, environmental, structural, electrical, subsurface utility, construction support services and permitting.
- Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
- Lionsgate is a leading global entertainment company with a strong and diversified presence in motion picture production and distribution, TV programming and syndication, home entertainment, digital distribution, and more.
- Paramount Pictures produces and distributes entertainment to a worldwide audience through film, television, digital, home media, studio operations, and consumer products and recreation.
- Viacom is a leading global entertainment content company.
- Walt Disney is a diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise operating across multiple business segments.
- ABM Industries is a leading provider of facility solutions with offices throughout the United States and various international locations.
- Essendant is a leading wholesale distributor of office, technology, janitorial, sanitation, breakroom and industrial products.
- Church Brothers Farms is a vertically-integrated family owned and operated company that produces a full line of fresh vegetables year round.
- Ocean Mist is a fourth generation family-owned business and the largest grower of fresh artichokes in North America.
- Tanimura & Antle is one of the largest independent lettuce growers in the US and ships a full line of premium fresh produce products throughout North America, Europe and Asia.
- View the compilation of Fashion Employers.
- View the compilation of Financial Services Employers.
Food & Beverage
- View the compilation of Food & Beverage Employers.
- Earthbound Farm is the largest organic greens and produce brand in North America.
- Fresh Express is a leader in fresh foods and is dedicated to providing consumers with healthy, convenient ready-to-eat salads, leafy greens, vegetables and fruits.
- Mondelēz employs 100,000+ globally and makes some of the best-known snacks brands around the globe.
- Taylor Farms is North America’s favorite maker of salads and healthy fresh foods.
- TreeHouse Foods is a private label food and beverage leader focused on customer brands and custom products.
- Kroger is one of the nation’s largest grocery retailers.
- Abbott is a globally diversified healthcare company with a central purpose to help people live their healthiest possible lives.
- Allegheny Health Network is a Pittsburgh-based healthcare system which employs more than 17,000 people and has 2,100 physicians on its medical staff.
- Johnson & Johnson is the world’s premier consumer health company and the world’s largest and most diverse medical devices company.
- Wyndham Worldwide is the world’s largest and most diverse hotel company with more than 8,300 hotels worldwide.
- Rockwell Automation is the world’s largest company dedicated to industrial automation.
Information Technology & Services
- Avnet employs 15,000 people in 125 countries across North America, Europe and Asia including engineers, sales, supply-chain, design-chain and service teams.
- IBM is a global technology and innovation company with more than 375,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.
- Insight is a fortune 500-ranked global provider of hardware, software, cloud and service solutions.
- NetApp is the leader in data insight, access, and control for hybrid cloud environments.
- S&P Global is the world’s foremost provider of ratings, benchmarks and analytics in the global capital and commodity markets.
- General Electric is a global digital industrial company providing aircraft engines, power generation, oil & gas production equipment, medical imaging, financing and industrial products.
- AmTrust Financial operates as a multinational property and casualty insurance company.
- Auto-Owners Insurance is a team of hard working associates and local, independent agents who are proud to be among the nation’s largest insurers of life, home, car, and business.
- Markel is a global Fortune 500 market leader for specialty insurance, reinsurance, and investment operations around the world.
- Travelers is one of the nation’s largest property casualty companies.
- UnitedHealthcare offers the full spectrum of health benefit programs for individuals, employers and Medicare and Medicaid beneficiaries.
- Amazon strives to be Earth’s most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online.
- Facebook gives people the power to build community and bring the world closer together.
- Google is a public and profitable company widely recognized as the world’s best search engine.
- LinkedIn is the world’s largest professional network on the Internet.
- Statista is one of the leading statistics companies on the internet.
- Zazzle is a marketplace of custom products created by designers selling their art and makers showcasing their customizable products.
- Baker & McKenzie is redefining the global law firm for the 21st century.
- Kirkland & Ellis is a 2,000-attorney law firm representing global clients in private equity, M&A and other complex corporate transactions, litigation, dispute resolution, and more.
- Special Counsel has been providing innovative legal workforce solutions across the legal spectrum since 1987.
Local (by City)
- View the full compilation of Local Employers.
- View the full compilation of Logistics Employers.
- 3M is a diversified technology company which manufactures industrial, safety and consumer products.
- ITW is a global industrial company centered on a differentiated and proprietary business model.
Machinery & Equipment
- Caterpillar is the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives.
- Dover is a diversified global manufacturer with 29,000 employees and annual revenues exceeding $7 billion.
- John Deere is a world leader in agricultural, construction, forestry and turf care equipment with an age-old commitment to those linked to the land.
- Terex is a diversified global manufacturer of a broad range of equipment that is focused on delivering reliable, customer-driven solutions for many applications.
- Hapag-Lloyd is one of the largest container lines in the world and a leader in the global container shipping industry.
Marketing & Advertising
- BBDO is the world’s most awarded and effective advertising agency with 15,000 employees in 289 offices across 81 countries.
- Leo Burnett is one of the world’s largest agency networks with 85 offices and more than 8,000 employees.
- MDC Partners is one of the fastest-growing and most influential marketing and communications networks in the world.
- RR Donnelley is a leading global provider of multichannel solutions for marketing and business communications.
- VaynerMedia is a social-first digital shop that focuses on storytelling across platforms.
- 21st Century Fox is a global portfolio of film and television studios, cable and broadcasting networks, content providers, and media properties.
- Comcast is a global media and technology company, with two primary businesses, Comcast Cable and NBCUniversal.
- Boston Scientific develops solutions that matter most to those suffering from debilitating and life threatening conditions and the healthcare professionals who provide their care.
- Cook Medical combines medical devices, biologic materials and cellular therapies to help the world’s healthcare systems deliver better outcomes more efficiently.
- Medtronic is the global leader in medical technology – alleviating pain, restoring health and extending life for millions of people around the world.
- Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies.
- Zimmer Biomet is the world’s most trusted brand for personalized bone and joint healthcare solutions.
Mining & Metals
- AK Steel produces flat-rolled carbon, stainless and electrical steel products for the automotive, infrastructure and manufacturing, electrical power generation and distribution markets.
Non-Governmental Organization (NGO)
- Partners In Health is an international health organization relentlessly committed to improving the health of the poor and marginalized.
- Imerman Angels provides personalized one-on-one cancer support by connecting cancer fighters, survivors and caregivers.
- Parkinson’s Foundation makes life better for people with Parkinson’s through expert care and research.
Oil & Energy
- View the compilation of Oil & Energy employers.
Packaging & Containers
- Avery Dennison is a global leader in pressure-sensitive and functional materials and labeling solutions for the retail apparel market.
- PCA is the fourth largest producer of container-board in the United States and the third largest producer of uncoated free-sheet in North America.
- Sealed Air is a knowledge-based company focused on packaging solutions with approximately 14,000 employees who serve customers in 117 countries.
- AbbVie is a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company with ~29,000 employees and medicines in over 175 countries.
- Merck is a leading global biopharmaceutical company that is bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world’s most challenging diseases.
- Pfizer is world’s largest research-based pharmaceutical company; discovering, developing, manufacturing and marketing leading prescription medicines and well-known consumer brands.
- Ampacet is a global Masterbatch leader with 24 manufacturing sites located in 17 countries.
- A. Schulman is a leading international supplier of high-performance plastic compounds, composites, and resins with 4,900 people and has 54 manufacturing facilities globally.
- Berry Global is a leading manufacturer of injection-molded plastic packaging, thermoformed products, flexible products and tapes and coatings.
- PolyOne is a leading global provider of specialized polymer materials, services and solutions.
- Celanese is a global technology and specialty materials company that engineers and manufactures a wide variety of products essential to everyday living.
- Host Hotels & Resorts is the largest lodging real estate investment trust and one of the largest owners of luxury and upper-upscale hotels.
- Simon is a global leader in the ownership of premier shopping, dining, entertainment and mixed-use destinations.
- Toll Brothers is an award-winning builder of new luxury homes, master planned communities, golf courses, and other land holdings across the country.
Renewables & Energy
- First Solar is a leading global provider of comprehensive photovoltaic (PV) solar systems which use its advanced thin-film modules.
- SunPower designs, manufactures and delivers high-performance solar electric systems worldwide for residential, commercial and utility-scale power plant customers.
- SunEdison is the largest global renewable energy development company and is transforming the way energy is generated, distributed, and owned around the world.
- Darden is a restaurant company featuring a portfolio of differentiated brands with 165,000 team members in more than 1,600 restaurants.
- McDonald’s is the leading food-service provider in the United States, serving a variety of wholesome options to more than 26 million customers every day.
- Restaurant Brands (RBI) is one of the world’s largest quick service restaurant companies with over 23,000 restaurants in more than 100 countries and U.S. territories.
- Wendy’s is the world’s third largest quick-service hamburger company.
- Yum! Brands has over 43,500 restaurants in more than 135 countries and territories and more than 1.5 million associates worldwide.
- View the full compilation of Retail Employers.
- Titan Security is a leading Chicago-based privately-held security services provider.
- Securitas is the global leader in protective services.
- View the full compilation of Semiconductor Employers.
- National Football League (NFL) is America’s most popular sports league.
- NIKE is the world’s leading designer, marketer, and distributor of authentic athletic footwear, apparel, equipment, and accessories for a wide variety of sports and fitness activities.
- TaylorMade is a leading manufacturer of high-performance golf equipment and golf balls.
- Wilson Sporting Goods is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of high performance sports equipment, apparel and accessories.
- Kelly is a global leader in the temporary staffing industry.
- Robert Half is a leading specialized staffing firm, providing skilled professionals in the fields of accounting and finance, technology, legal, creative, marketing, and administration.
- View the full compilation of Telecommunications Employers.
- Ryder is a leading commercial fleet management, dedicated transportation, and supply chain solutions company.
- Ameren is among the nation’s largest investor-owned electric or gas utilities.
- Calpine is America’s largest generator of electricity from natural gas and geothermal resources with operations in competitive power markets.
- Consumers Energy is major midwest company with more than 7,000 employees.
- Graybar is a leader in the distribution of high quality electrical, communications and data networking products, and specializes in related supply chain management and logistics services.