$95.00 – $395.00
Discussions for entry through executive-level professionals. This service connects you with a dedicated Career Coach for personalized career advice. All in written form! No meet ups or phone calls. Hosted within JobStars’ secure and confidential client portal. Great for addressing urgent issues as well as engaging in substantive conversation. Get the career help you deserve via desktop, tablet, or mobile device. Unlimited back and forth correspondence for the duration of your subscription.
Frequently Asked Questions
Discussions is a service for getting career advice and support for career transition, interview strategies, salary negotiation, networking, resume preparation, tips for using LinkedIn, and much more. You may write out thoughts, comments, questions, or topics at whatever length you wish. Your assigned Career Coach reads and replies with the goal of helping you, challenging you, and encouraging you.
Discussions is a ‘post and reply’ format as opposed to real-time (instant messenger). Please allow one business day turnaround time for responses. Below is a screenshot of the Discussions text box for starting a new conversation.
No. Discussions is designed specifically for written conversations. A La Carte Coaching is available for on-demand telephone support as needed.
No. Working on your Resume is a separate service. However, you may certainly use Discussions for asking advice and feedback on what to tweak or how to improve it.
The following resources are made available for download within the client portal.
Job Search Guides
- Guide to Applicant Tracking Systems
- Guide to Behavioral Interviewing
- Guide to Cover Letters
- Guide to Facing Unemployment
- Guide to LinkedIn Settings
- Guide to Networking
- Guide to Professional References
- Guide to Quitting Your Job
- Guide to Salary Negotiation
- Guide to Working With Recruiters
Career Discovery Worksheets & Exercises
- Career Discovery Pondering Questions
- Career Values Identification Workbook
- Researching Occupations Exercise
Goal Setting Worksheets & Exercises
- 3 Month Vision Worksheet
- Annual Goal Setting Worksheet
- Rocking Chair Life Visioning Exercise
- SMART Goal Setting Exercise
- Understanding The Why of Your Goals
- Wacky Wild Goal Brainstorming
Job Search Worksheets & Exercises
- Company Target List Worksheet
- Job Search Fundamentals Checklist
- Job Search Tracker (excel)
- Monthly Goals Worksheet
- Requesting an Informational Interview
Self Improvement Worksheets & Exercises
- Boost Your Strengths Exercise
- Weakness Zapper
Self Reflection Worksheets & Exercises
- 360 Feedback Exercise
- Find Your Hidden Treasure
- Get Perspective Worksheet
- Job Focus Grid
- Personal SWOT Exercise
- Sample Values List
- Top 10 Cognitive Distortions
Interviewing Worksheets & Exercises
- Elevator Pitch
- Interview Cheat Sheet
- Interview Recap Worksheet
- Interview Script
Doug Levin. He is a Certified Professional Career Coach (CPCC), Resume Writer (CPRW), and Owner of JobStars.
All correspondence is replied to within one business day. We’ll try to be fast! Providing thoughtful and in-depth responses requires sufficient time to write a substantive response. If matters are urgent, let us know and we’ll figure out the best solution for you.
Discussions is offered in one month, three month, or six month installments. All plans are billed in full upfront. No cancellations or partial refunds.