Website Knouse Foods
Knouse Foods is a Growers Owned-Cooperative with a 70-year history of providing the best quality fruit products.
- $1000 SIGN ON BONUS
- Performs repairs and preventive maintenance to mechanical or electrical equipment in assigned area/department to ensure Food Safety and Food Quality. Diagnoses simple problems using schematic diagrams, blueprints, parts specifications, wiring diagrams, user manuals, and job experience. Sets-up production lines in assigned areas for production runs. Responds to line equipment problems, as required. Conducts regular equipment checks and inspections to ensure continued operation. Ensures safe shutdown and safety lockout prior to test and repair of equipment. Works under limited supervision. Must be available to work all shifts, as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(Performs other assignments or duties as required.)
- Performs repairs defined in work orders related to the mechanical or electrical production line equipment. Performs scheduled preventive maintenance (PM) on equipment in assigned area/department. Available for work on all shifts, as required.
- Responds to production line equipment problems as required. General electrical knowledge. Generally associated with a specific production department. Diagnoses simple problems and repairs equipment malfunctions related to the production lines utilizing equipment schematic diagrams, blueprints, parts specifications, wiring diagrams, user manuals, and job experience.
- Sets-up production lines in assigned areas/departments for production runs. Adjusts peelers for optimum performance.
- Conducts daily, weekly, and monthly process equipment checks based on visual inspection, test measurements, and review of process monitoring recorders in order to ensure safe and correct operation of processing equipment.
- Ensures safe shutdown and safety lock-out of all equipment with tags and individual locks prior to test and repair of equipment. Conducts test checks following repair of equipment and returns equipment to operational state.
- Draws required materials for equipment repair from stock room and completes required paperwork to record usage.
- Performs calibration of process monitoring equipment as required.
- Completes paperwork as required.
- Cleans up all tools and parts after work has been completed.
- Reports any Food Quality or Food Safety issues to the Supervisor immediately.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee frequently is required to walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl while engaged in equipment maintenance and repair. The employee must occasionally apply force in excess of 100 pounds when disassembling or assembling process equipment.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of complex variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- $18.94 – $21.15 per hour
Number of openings for this position
- 11 across Peach Glen, Orrtanna and Chambersburg Facilities
- 8 hour shift
- 10 hour shift
- Weekend availability
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Night shift
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- 401(k) matching
- Employee discount
- Employee assistance program
Please go to Indeed.com or contact Mary Bitner for more information at the following:
- 717-677-9115 ext: 4005